Overview: Founded in 1972, The Door empowers educationally and economically disadvantaged youth to reach their potential by providing a complete range of services all under one roof. Each year over 11,000 young people from all five New York City boroughs come to The Door for primary health care, reproductive care, health education, dental services, eye care services, mental health counseling, legal services, supportive housing, GED, ESL, tutoring and homework help, college preparation and computer classes, career & education services, job placement, daily meals, cultural arts, and services.
Summary: The primary responsibility of the Manager of Community Engagement is to develop community partnerships, manage community health education activities and events, and promote Adolescent Health Center services to new and returning clients.
- Supervise the community engagement team, which includes but not limited to the Community Engagement Coordinator, Health Navigator, and team of Peer Educators. This includes recruitment, onboarding, training, observing, weekly supervisions, and completing performance evaluations.
- Responsible for the operations of the community engagement and peer education programs, including setting goals, supervising events/activities, developing lesson plans, setting schedules, and facilitating workshops.
- Design, develop and implement the annual needs assessment and outreach plan for the team and the health center.
- Manage marketing strategies and health education campaigns using digital communication, including the website, the text line, the patient portal, social media, and e-newsletters.
- Serves as the Adolescent Health Center’s lead liaison with community agencies, faith-based organizations, social service agencies, and schools, and represents The Door at events, health fairs, and meetings in the community.
- Establish linkages and memorandums of agreement with other health care organizations, schools, and community-based organizations that provide services to young people.
- Coordinates special events related to health promotion, within the Adolescent Health Center, at The Door, and in partnership with other organizations.
- Ensures integration of health center services with other programs at The Door and Broome Street Academy High School. Serves as the liaison with Member Services to ensure new member access to health center services.
- Tracks key performance indicators, productivity, and deliverables. Prepares data dashboards, work plans, progress reports, and other documents as needed. Submits reports on a timely manner.
- Provides professional development opportunities for Door staff and for external partners.
- Facilitates individual and group education/counseling with adolescents on topics that include but not limited to sexual health, decision-making, birth control, pregnancy, abortion, STD testing, HIV/AIDS & prevention, and intimate partner violence.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Social Work, Education, or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and creativity a must!
- A track record of successfully conducting community outreach and promotion.
- Two or more years successfully providing leadership, counseling or health education with adolescents, young adults, youth groups, and/or peer education program preferred
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills across a range of tasks and audiences
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate sound judgment, multitask, and take initiative
- Tech savvy with strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and marketing tools (such as Canva, Adobe)
- Knowledge of social media platforms, metrics
- Knowledge of eClinicalWorks or another electronic health record strongly desired
- Very strong writing, speaking and telephone communication skills
- Bilingual Spanish/English strongly preferred
Work Scheduled: Full time,35 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends as needed
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus a generous benefits package
In order to be considered for this position all applicants must submit a cover letter in addition to their resume.
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to: APPLY
COVID -19 POLICY
The Door and Broome Street Academy follow the CDC and NYS recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The Door and Broome Street Academy are now requiring all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a qualified exemption.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.