Overview: University Settlement is one of New York City’s most dynamic social justice institutions, with an impressive legacy as the first settlement house in the nation. For 130 years, University Settlement has been an anchor in the low-income and immigrant communities where we work, offering pioneering programs in early childhood care and education, youth development, eviction prevention, literacy, theater and visual arts, senior services, and mental health. Each year, we engage over 40,000 New Yorkers through our network of 31 sites in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Our mission is to empower the individuals we serve through comprehensive, quality services that strengthen families and meet the current needs of the community.
The Door is an unparalleled model for youth development, offering a comprehensive range of integrated services within a single site for nearly 10,000 New York City youth each year. Our mission is to empower young adults to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof. By providing participants with our suite of integrated services, we seek to provide any motivated young person with the tools, resources, and opportunities needed to successfully transition to adulthood.
• Prepare and enter Cash Receipts
• Prepare journal entries as requested/needed
• Assist in entering Accounts Payable and serve as backup to other Accounting Clerks as needed
• Assist Accountants in obtaining accounts payable information for monthly vouchers as needed
• Assemble materials and records for program fiscal audits as needed
• Execute other assignments as requested by supervisor
• Associate degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred
• One to three years in bookkeeping experience preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Good arithmetic skills
• Good communication and organizational skills
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: Low to mid 30s, plus generous benefits package
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY