Working in a shared service environment, the Accounts Payable Manager will work with The Door and Broome Street Academy, two independent 501c3 organizations that share leadership and administrative/back office functions. The Door (www.door.org), and Broome Street Academy (www.broomestreetacademy.org) are affiliated New York City nonprofits that tackle the complex issues surrounding poverty for over 50,000 New Yorkers each year.
As the Accounts Payable Manager, you are responsible for ensuring that the department operates smoothly, maintaining timely and accurate agency financial records in accordance with standard fiscal practices and requirements of funders. You will hire, train, and support Accounts Payable staff members. You will also serve as a liaison between the Accounts Payable department and external parties.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Supervise the receipt of invoices, verification and recording of transaction
- Ensure agency financial policies and procedures are being followed
- Examine all invoices posted and analyze check registers for accuracy prior to check signing
- Resolve payment or billing issues with vendors
- Handle monthly closing of financial records for accounts payable
- Maintain accurate information for historical purposes
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency in job assignments and procedures to meet with organizational needs
- Stay current on accounts payable trends and focus how trends influence and support company’s policy
- Serve as liaison between program and finance to provide information and assist in the spending of funds
- Supervise a team to ensure they are following financial policies and procedures
- Interview, hire, train, and evaluate members of the department to boost performance and development
- Collaborate with management to create and implement processes, goals, and procedures for accounts payable
What We Are Looking For:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance with 3+ years’ experience in accounts payable.
- You understand OMB Uniform Guidance Procurement Policies.
- You have 2+ years leading staff.
- You are technologically savvy including intermediary Excel skills; experience with AvidXchange (or similar system) and Intacct a plus
- You are ambitious, able to shift gears and juggle multiple and complex assignments on time, all the time
- You know what communication is key.
- You have knowledge of federal, state, and city grant administration and accounting.
Why You Should Join Our Team
- You’ll be part of mission driven organizations that empower NYC residents of all ages
- 15 days of Vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Transit Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: Commensurate based on experience, plus a generous benefits package
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY!
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.