Working in a shared service environment, the Administrative Assistant will work with The Door, Broome Street Academy, and University Settlement, three independent 501c3 organizations that share leadership and administrative/back office functions. University Settlement (www.universitysettlement.org), The Door (www.door.org), and Broome Street Academy (www.broomestreetacademy.org) are affiliated New York City nonprofits that tackle the complex issues surrounding poverty for over 50,000 New Yorkers each year.
The Administrative Assistant will support the Director of IT with day to day operations within the IT Department.
What You Will Be Doing
- Support the process of invoicing, Requests for Payment, and collection of packing slips
- Assist with office management and general clerical duties
- Assist IT Director with the ordering and processing of supplies
What We Are Looking For:
- You have a High School Diploma or HSE.
- You’ve worked in an office setting doing clerical work.
- Experience working with financial matters such as bill collections and payments.
- You are organized and passionate about accuracy.
- You thrive in a busy environment.
- You are proficient with Office 365- Word, Excel, Outlook, and Visio familiar with IT and computer terminology.
- You have a strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion
Hours: 15 hours per week
Rate: $20 per hour
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.