The Advisory Committee offers individuals who are passionate about social justice work and youth development the opportunity to volunteer their time and talents to further The Door’s mission. In turn, Advisory Committee members help to raise critical funds, awareness, and volunteer support for our comprehensive and unique programming, serving as ambassadors for the organization and the young people we support. A list of current Advisory Committee members can be found online at here.
Why You Should Join Us!
Joining The Door’s Advisory Committee means joining a longstanding and unparalleled organization in promoting greater equity for NYC youth, all while expanding your own professional horizons. We hope that our Advisory Committee members will bring fresh ideas, enthusiasm for our mission, and innovative approaches for raising support for young New Yorkers!
- Meet like-minded New Yorkers and use your combined skills and talents to aid our work
- Learn how to communicate and fundraise around social justice
- Gain exposure and experience related to non-profit strategy and planning
- Opportunities to network with direct service program leaders
- Receive recognition on our website and other public facing materials
Commitments & Responsibilities
Members should have a strong passion for The Door’s forward-thinking and inclusive approach and stay highly engaged in the work of the organization and Advisory Committee. As such, committee members are expected to:
- Commit to a minimum of one 2-year term, starting July 1, 2022
- Prepare for/participate in at least 2 of 3 annual committee meetings (in-person or remote)
- Support special committee taskforces or Board of Director Committees as needed
- Give or fundraise $1,000 each year, with aspirations of raising $2,500*
- Attend and support regular fundraising events and organizational activities
- Assist in recruiting and training future committee candidates
- Volunteer time and resources as available
Through these responsibilities and close contact with The Door’s leadership, members will collaborate to create an environment of mutual learning and resource sharing as we collectively work towards social impact and responsibility.
Interested in applying? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Advisory Committee”, and include the following attachments:
- Your full name and professional title
- Your email address and cell phone contact
- A copy of your Resume/CV or link to your LinkedIn profile
- A short paragraph describing your interest in joining the Advisory Committee, and the skills and experience you would bring to this role. Please note any prior non-profit volunteer experience you may have. No prior experience necessary.
Please reach out by Sunday, April 24, 2022, to be considered.
We are excited to welcome new members to our Advisory Committee, with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2022. For questions or more information, please contact Development Officer, Hannah Berry at email@example.com.
JOIN US TODAY!