About The Door and Broome Street Academy:
The Door was established in 1972 with the vision of creating an innovative youth development model to address the complex needs of young New Yorkers. Today, we serve up to 11,000 youth annually across our four New York City locations, including our main site in lower Manhattan, our supportive housing sites on the Lower East Side, and our satellite site in the South Bronx. The Door’s success lies in our commitment to meeting young people where they are and providing them with the comprehensive and integrated services they need to reach their potential. At The Door, youth can access everything from health care and education to mental health counseling and crisis intervention, legal assistance, high school equivalency and college preparation services, career development, housing support, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and in a diverse, caring, and supportive environment.
Broome Street Academy (BSA), a charter school embedded at The Door, enrolls up to 330 students and prioritizes applicants who are experiencing housing instability or have been involved in the child welfare system. The wraparound supports provided in partnership with The Door promote student success in school and in life.
Learn more at www.door.org
The Assistant Director, Major Gifts & Partnerships serves as an integral member of the five-person Individual Giving and Events team. This position will oversee a portfolio of leadership gift donors and potential donors, recruit and manage strategic corporate partnerships, and help to create and execute annual and long-term strategies and projects to reach individual and team goals.
Fundraising efforts will be focused on general operating support and the assistant director will have specific engagement, dollar, and donor goals related to their portfolio and project work.
Position General Responsibilities:
- Oversee the implementation of the organization’s corporate partnership strategy and initiatives including representing and promoting The Door and Broome Street Academy externally in order to recruit and cultivate new partners, asking for funding, and maintaining active relationships with corporate and organizational donors and potential donors.
- Actively manage a portfolio of current and potential individual donors including cultivation, asks, and stewardship of those donors. This portfolio will be focused on leadership donors with a capacity of $10,000 or more.
- Work with programmatic leaders at The Door and Broome Street Academy to effectively engage program staff across development efforts especially as it pertains to involving corporate partners and individual donors in program related volunteer and service activities.
- Assist with strategic development-wide efforts to maintain and grow The Door Advisory Committee and partner on the creation and implementation of direct engagement opportunities for these leadership volunteer participants.
- Assist with the ongoing and strategic creation of requests for support, lead donor stewardship reporting, and create and implement custom presentations for individual and corporate partners.
- Assist with all team project work including, but not limited to, events, appeals, general constituency outreach, gift acknowledgement and management, reporting and analysis, strategy creation, meeting prep, and team building.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in non-profit development — social services sector preferred
- Proven track record of relationship building and gift closing
- Experience with large scale project management and work plan creation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong visual presentation and public speaking skills
- Extensive experience managing high level engagement activities for individuals and groups
- Strong computer skills and interest in data and information management as it relates to development work and reporting
- Commitment to youth development principles and the missions of The Door and Broome Street Academy
- Commitment to teamwork and team building including consistent and open communications, knowledge sharing, and project assistance when needed
Work Schedule: Fulltime, Monday – Friday, 35 Hours a week
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus a generous benefits package
Contact: Please submit cover letter & resume to: Apply
COVID -19 POLICY
The Door and Broome Street Academy follow the CDC and NYS recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The Door and Broome Street Academy are now requiring all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a qualified exemption.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.