The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
As the Assistant Director of Behavioral Health, you will provide leadership and management of the counseling functions within the Adolescent Health Center’s Counseling Program by providing training, clinical supervision, quality assurance and contract oversight. You will provide clinical consultation to other programs and units within The Door, and collaborate across the agency to ensure and mental health services are provided.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Maintain an agency-wide youth development focused framework for the provision of counseling services
- Continue the ongoing development and implementation of a clinical framework for screening, engaging and supporting at risk and vulnerable young people
- Provide daily oversight of the Counseling Program, including clinical supervision, oversight of crisis services, and adherence to contractual requirements
- Develop behavioral health outcomes, data metrics and goals for the Counseling Program
- Ensure compliance with funding sources and contracts and timely submission of documents
- Work with health center’s medical providers to integrate behavioral health services into primary care services
- Oversee Case Conference meetings to ensure appropriate service planning and coordination for young people
- Develop procedures and systems to provide clinical support to staff across the agency
- Provide field placement supervision for Master Level students
- Work with team and other departments to identify at-risk youth and ensure appropriate services are provided
- Serve as a liaison on various community coalitions and workgroups and other external agency partners
- You have a strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
What We Are Looking For:
- You have a LCSW and Master degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field
- You have 5+ years of (post-Master’s) clinical and supervisory experience and 7+ years experience in adolescent development, assessment and counseling
- A knack for engaging at- risk and vulnerable youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices
- Experience with program planning and evaluation and contract management
- Supervisory experience and work as a team to promote successful outcomes for youth
- Knowledge of government contract related to the mental health/counseling field
- You are passionate about accuracy and meet deadlines on time all the time.
- You thrive in a busy environment and able to shift hears when needed.
Why You Should Join Our Team
- You’re part of a mission driven organization that empowers NYC youth
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Hours: 35 hour per week, including some evenings
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.