Overview: The goal of The Door’s Career and Education Services Department is to support young people in completing secondary education and successfully transitioning into post-secondary education and employment. Programs within The Door’s Career and Education Services Department (CareerED) are designed to help both in-school and out-of-school youth to set and attain their educational and career goals. CareerED services allow a young person to craft a personalized life plan defining the steps he/she will take to achieve those goals while developing the necessary skills for future life success and independence. The Door’s Bronx Youth Center (BYC) aims to prepare out-of-school and out-of-work young people for meaningful placements in college and/or employment through the provision of comprehensive education and career services, which develop potential for economic self-sufficiency. The Bronx Youth Center Assistant Director of Education and Workforce Development is responsible for overall management and outcomes achievement for all education programming and services at the Bronx Youth Center. In this capacity, the Assistant Director of Education and Workforce Development will manage all education and sector focused bridge programming and staff at The Door’s Bronx Youth Center including bridge training programs in healthcare and IT, High School Equivalency (HSE), college preparation services, and college placement services.
- Oversight of DYCD Train and Earn Out of School Youth (OSY) contract
- Act as EO-WIOA liaison for DYCD Train and Earn OSY contract
- Coordinate and integrate all Bronx Youth Center (BYC) services and activities focusing on healthcare and IT sector focused bridge programming, HSE curriculum, instruction and testing, college access, and academic support.
- Provide supervision, training, and support to instructional and college access staff.
- Monitor the program’s progress toward the attainment of performance measures in compliance with various funders and program requirements.
- Maintain participant records in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Oversee a manager responsible for program and curriculum development related to HSE attainment, college access and affordability, and exam preparation.
- Create and maintain a network of partners across higher education institutions, local schools, and organizations as related to academic support and college access related initiatives.
- Work with new and existing partner organizations to design and continually expand on postsecondary educational opportunities for young people.
- Support and work with Bronx Youth Center Director to assess department-wide staff development and training needs and identify and help implement appropriate trainings.
- Work with Bronx Youth Center Director and department leadership team to develop and implement department-wide meeting and information-sharing mechanisms.
- Act as part of a program management team and senior leadership team to ensure the coordination of services to young people requiring comprehensive services to meet their life skill, educational and employment needs.
- Collaborate with Door staff on service delivery and integration.
- Demonstrate an understanding and practice the principles of positive youth development.
- Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary staff in cross-departmental efforts to increase services to specific youth populations and provide appropriate support for young people.
- Handle any appropriate responsibilities and functions as assigned by the supervisor.
- Serve as part of The Door’s Leadership team in setting the tone and the direction of the organization in alignment with the vision of the Executive Director
- Master’s degree in social work, human services, counseling, or related field preferred or comparable experience in the field
- 3-5 years of proven excellence in program management, development, staff supervision, and presentation skills
- Minimum of experience working with high-risk adolescent population a multicultural vulnerable young adult population (foster care, court involved, runaway and homeless or teen parent, etc.)
- Experience working in Youth Development
- Experience in program design and implementation
- Ability to closely collaborate with colleagues and function as part of a team to promote successful outcomes for youth
- Ability to always model work readiness skills and appropriate workplace behavior
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and multitask while adhering to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; strong computer skills required
- Highly organized and creative
- Ability to participate as part of an interdisciplinary team
Work Schedule: Full time, Monday through Friday, 35 hours per week, occasional evening and weekend hours as needed.
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus a generous benefits package
Contact: Submit cover letter & resume to: APPLY
COVID -19 POLICY
The Door and Broome Street Academy follow the CDC and NYS recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The Door and Broome Street Academy are now requiring all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a qualified exemption.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.