Supervisor: Bronx Youth Center Director
Overview: The goal of The Door’s Career and Education Services Department is to support young people in completing secondary education and successfully transitioning into post-secondary education and employment. Programs within The Door’s Career and Education Services Department (CareerED) are designed to help both in-school and out-of-school youth to set and attain their educational and career goals. CareerED services allow a young person to craft a personalized life plan defining the steps he/she will take to achieve those goals while developing the necessary skills for future life success and independence. The Door’s Bronx Youth Center (BYC) aims to prepare out-of-school and out-of-work young people for meaningful placements in college and/or employment through the provision of comprehensive education and career services, which develop potential for economic self-sufficiency.
Who You Are:
- Someone who is an interpersonal, dedicated and driven individual.
- Someone who believes in education programming and services for youth.
- Someone who is a team player and wants to provide hands on leadership with overall management.
- Managing all education programming and staff is a passion of yours.
What you will be doing:
- Providing oversight and acting as a liaison regarding contracts.
- Coordinating and integrating services and activities focusing on HSE curriculum, instruction and testing, college access, academic support, and bridge programming.
- Providing supervision, training, and support to instructional and college access staff.
- Monitoring program progress and maintaining participant records in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Creating and maintaining a network of partners across higher education institutions, local schools, and organizations as related to academic support and college access related initiatives.
- Creating partnerships with new and existing partner organizations to design and continually expand on postsecondary educational opportunities for young people.
- Collaborating with Door staff on service delivery and integration.
- Master’s degree in social work, human services, counseling or related field
- 3-5 years of proven excellence in program management, development, staff supervision, and presentation skills
- Minimum of experience working with high-risk adolescent population a multi-cultural vulnerable young adult population (foster care, court involved, runaway and homeless or teen parent, etc.)
- Experience working in Youth Development
- Experience in program design and implementation
- Ability to closely collaborate with colleagues and function as part of a team to promote successful outcomes for youth
- Ability to model work readiness skills and appropriate work place behavior at all times
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment and multitask while adhering to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; strong computer skills required
- Highly organized and creative
- Ability to participate as part of an interdisciplinary team
Hours: Monday through Friday, 35 hours per week, occasional evening and weekend hours as needed. Due to COVID-19, position will transition from remote to in-person.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Contact: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking here!