Working in a shared service environment, the Assistant Manager Accounts Payable will work with The Door, Broome Street Academy, and University Settlement, three independent 501c3 organizations that share leadership and administrative/back office functions. University Settlement (www.universitysettlement.org), The Door (www.door.org), and Broome Street Academy (www.broomestreetacademy.org) are affiliated New York City nonprofits that tackle the complex issues surrounding poverty for over 50,000 New Yorkers each year.
As the Assistant Manager Accounts Payable, you will solicit, negotiate and award orders for a variety of supplies and services. You are responsible for the purchasing function, working with program managers to define specifications, and to obtain best rates for supplies and services. This is a great opportunity for those looking for the next step with their career. You will supervise and train staff on new and ongoing processes and procedures. You are an excellent communicator with the ability to forge relationships with staff and vendors.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work with programs in the purchase of supplies, furniture, and equipment as required by funding sources
- Maintain relationships with various vendors to maximize discounted prices and obtain necessary bids
- Develop and maintain a preferred vendor database and communicate changes to program directors
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Maintain departmental communication with management and subcontractors as it pertains to purchasing
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in month end closing by reconciling credit card statements
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Maintain and coordinate service for the agency’s photocopy and mailing equipment
What We Are Looking For:
- You have an Associates degree in Business or related field.
- You have 3+ years of experience in a commodity buyer / purchasing.
- You cultivate relationships with vendor and have a skilled at negotiating.
- You are organized and reliable.
- You know communication is key and able to build relationships.
- You thrive in a busy environment and able to shift gears and juggle multiple assignments on time, all the time.
- You are proficient in MS Office and have knowledge of INTACCT and AvidXchange.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
- You’ll be part of mission driven organizations that empower NYC residents of all ages
- 15 days of Vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Transit Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus generous benefits package
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.