Working in a shared service environment, the Benefits Manager will work with The Door, Broome Street Academy, and University Settlement, three independent 501c3’s that share leadership and administrative/back-office functions. University Settlement (www.universitysettlement.org), The Door (www.door.org), and Broome Street Academy (www.broomestreetacademy.org) are affiliated New York City nonprofits that tackle the complex issues surrounding poverty for over 50,000 New Yorkers each year.
As the Benefits Manager, you are instrumental in providing support to the department as well as to employees our three agencies. You are responsible for handling the day-to-day functions of active benefits for all employee benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, wellness programs and retirement plans. You provide guidance and counseling to staff and management on policy, maintains updated forms and communications and stays abreast of changes in health care laws and trends in benefits programs and administration. You will collaborate with Payroll to ensure proper deductions are made.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design and oversee new hire employee benefits orientation
- Oversee the processing enrollments, changes, and terminations of participants in all benefit plans and programs.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Benefits module of the HRIS and the digitization of employee benefits documentation
- Assist employees with any benefit claim issues or concerns.
- Supervise the daily tasks of the Benefits Assistant
- Manage the annual Open Enrollment meetings with broker(s) and develop communication materials
- Ensure that employees are enrolled for benefit coverage as elected
- Conduct benefits trainings and informational meetings
- Review benefits premium reports/invoices, resolves issues and follows up with Director for approval for payment
- Process and review FSA invoice and payroll deductions
- Distribute information about retirement savings plans
- Maintain vendor relationships and update contact information as necessary
- Handle special projects as needed
What We Are Looking For:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years’ related benefits administration experience.
- Must be detail-oriented and have effective problem-solving skills.
- You know communication is key and are passionate about accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with multiple plans and remote locations preferred.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
- You are an effective project manager and have a track record of producing diverse projects on time, all the time
- You are technologically savvy with fluency with Microsoft Office. A plus if you are skilled in ADP Workforce Now
- You are bilingual in English and Spanish.
- You have a strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
Why You Should Join Our Team
- You’ll be part of mission-driven organizations that empower NYC residents of all ages
- 15 days of Vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Hours: Full time
Salary: $70K- $80K, plus generous benefits
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.