2 lbs beef sirloin
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ginger puree
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 pureed apple
½ spanish onion, minced
4 cups cooked brown rice
1 cup fine julienned kimchi
3 carrots, fine julienne
2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
1 english cucumber julienned
12 oz cremini mushrooms, thin sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Combine all marinade ingredients, stir and pour it over thinly sliced beef. Let the mixture sit overnight in the fridge.
- The next day, add a cup of water to a pot and bring to a boil. Add in brown rice and stir occasionally.
- While the rice is cooking, drain beef from marinade in a separate bowl and quickly saute.
- Heat sesame oil in a saute pan and add all garnish vegetables. Stir fry for a minute or two.
- Check the rice to if it is fully cooked and turn off the stove.
- To assemble, add brown rice to a bowl and top with sauteed vegetables and bulgogi beef.