The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
The Door’s Adolescent Health Center is a federally qualified health center and a licensed Article 28 facility with NYS. The health center provides primary care, reproductive health care, dental care, optometry services, dermatology, behavioral health services, and health education. As the Billing Associate, you are an integral part of the health center team and assist with generating revenue for the health center. You have great interpersonal and communication, and excellent organizational skills. You will ensure compliance, timely, and accurate management of all claim submissions to maximize revenue.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Process all claims through the billing system in a timely and efficient manner to facilitate maximum reimbursement
- Accurately post and manage all payment posting related activities
- Analyze aging of all insurance accounts to determine appropriate follow-up for non-payment and delayed payment accounts while ensuring compliance with all State, Federal and Third-Party Payer policies
- Identify trends and perform root-cause analyses to resolve payment discrepancies
- Handle patient inquiries and answers billing questions from staff members and insurance carriers
- Analyze and investigate denied claims and takes the appropriate action to resolve the denial to maximize revenue
- Document the claim issue and course of action taken on every account worked for future follow up and review
- Update demographic and insurance information and verifying eligibility
- Participate in patient-centered medical home care team collaboration, including team huddles
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
What We are Looking For:
- You have at least an HS Diploma; billing or coding certification preferred.
- You have 2+ years of medical billing experience.
- You have the knowledge and ability to communicate insurance benefits.
- You are technologically savvy and have experience with electronic health records
- You know communication and creating a rapport are key.
- You thrive in a busy environment and able to shift gears and juggle multiple assignments on time, all the time
- You have a strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
Why You Should Join Our Team
- You’re part of a mission-driven organization that empowers NYC youth
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre-Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Hours: 35 hours a week, some evening hours
Salary: mid 40s
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.