Founded in 1972, The Door empowers educationally and economically disadvantaged youth to reach their potential by providing a complete range of services all under one roof. Each year young people from all five New York City boroughs come to The Door for primary health care, reproductive care and health education, dental services, eye care services, mental health counseling, legal services, supportive housing, career & education services, daily meals, cultural arts, and services.
The Revenue Cycle Supervisor oversees daily billing and collection processes, generates reports, monitors employee productivity, and develops strategies to improve overall performance in revenue collections, expedite account resolution and streamline billing processes. The incumbent should have strong working knowledge of provider credentialing, contracting, revenue cycle and able to coordinate a wide range of administrative duties involved in the resolution of accounts receivable to maximize cash flow while maintaining and improving internal and external customer relations.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Supervise, hire, train, discipline, and evaluate direct reports
- Responsible for staff performance, monitoring productivity, and maintaining compliance with Federal, State and internal billing policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with revenue cycle manager to enhance workflows
- Monitor daily workflow and productivity of direct reports as required to achieve key revenue cycle performances indicators
- Perform routine review of staff work output to ensure compliance and identify staff strength and weakness to develop learning objectives.
- Promotes staff professionalism and performance with coaching, training, and feedback
- Perform tasks as assigned by management including, claim creation and submission, A/R follow-up, payment posting, denial management, work aging accounts, and special projects.
- Ensures daily billing and collection processes are compliant with regulatory requirements
- Identifies trends in revenue cycle activities, including payments, denials, billing, coding and/or documentation errors and recommends action plan to address deficiencies
- Promotes Revenue Cycle department goals by motivating, and training team members
- Assists with the development and implementation of revenue cycle strategies and workflows that will enhance cash collections, expedite account resolution, and streamline billing processes.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of all aspects of billing and collections in both governmental and non-governmental third-party payer environment.
- Liaises between health center management team and the revenue cycle team.
- Runs regular meetings with the team, addresses workflow issues, and reports to the manager.
- Conforms to all applicable HIPAA, billing compliance and safety policies and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Associate degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of leadership/management experience, required
- 3-6 years of experience in Revenue Cycle with a consistent track record of achieving metrics.
- Strong acumen of Medicaid and Managed Care insurance policies and benefits
- Experience in using team building and quality management concepts to positively influence the work environment
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to details and ability to make timely decisions.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills across a range of tasks and audiences.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate sound judgment, multitask, and take initiative.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and listening skills
- Knowledge of eClinicalWorks or another electronic health record strongly preferred.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Medical billing and coding certification and experience preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
Work Schedule: Full time, Monday – Friday, 35 hours a week, some evening hours may be required
Salary Range: $60.000 to $70,000, commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits package
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY
COVID -19 POLICY
The Door and Broome Street Academy follow the CDC and NYS recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The Door and Broome Street Academy are now requiring all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a qualified exemption.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.