The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
The Door’s Career and Education Services Department in Soho and the South Bronx supports young people in completing secondary education and successfully transitioning into post-secondary education and employment. As the Coordinator, Career Administrative Services & Interim Executive Director you are responsible for providing administrative and operations support and coverage for the Career Services management team and the Interim Executive Director.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Handle distribution, tracking, and fiscal reconciliation of participant Metrocards, incentives and stipends
- Maintain supplies inventory; place and expedite orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Process requests for payment and manage ordering, purchasing and invoicing activities
- Process agency-wide payment requests and reconciliation for the Interim Executive Director’s credit card
- Support with the maintenance of data systems, filing, and administration of contracts, and maintain contact lists
- Generate memos, emails, reports to support programs, organizing meals, and scheduling meetings/appointments
- Assist with maintaining senior managers’ and Interim Executive Director’s calendars
- Assist the Interim Executive Director with agency-wide events
- Be the point-person for documents requiring the Interim Executive Director’s signature
- Handle and track all IT and Facilities service requests
- Train new incoming Career Services staff on general Door administrative policies and procedures
- Be point person for visitors and respond to internal and external inquiries and requests
- Answer incoming calls and assume receptionist duties when needed
- Participate in relevant departmental, agency, and external agency meetings, trainings, workshops and events
- Manage corporate account partnerships and updates and distribute received mail within the department
- Coordinate and contribute to Agency’s Door Day and Staff Professional Development Day as well as contribute to the production team for All Staff
- Door Meetings
What We Are Looking For:
- You have a High School Diploma or HSE required with three years of experience of administrative work.
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices.
- You are technologically savvy with fluency in Microsoft Office and ability to learn internal systems.
- You have history of success in creative and critical thinking.
- You thrive in a busy environment and able to multi-task and shift gears.
- You have superior writing and communication skills.
- You are passionate about accuracy and meet deadlines on time, all the time.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, or Mandarin preferred
- You have a strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
Why you should join our team:
- You’re part of a mission driven organization that empowers NYC youth.
- Health and Dental Insurance through 1199 at no cost to the employee
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Hours: Full-Time Monday-Friday, occasional evenings may be required.
Salary: Low 50s, plus generous benefits
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.