COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
In response to the COVID-19 public health crisis, The Door’s physical spaces are mostly closed, but we are virtually open! The health and wellbeing of our community is our top priority, and we are working hard to stay connected and to continue to support our members.
We encourage everyone to stay calm, to follow public health guidelines, and to stay in touch. Even though our sites are mostly closed, our staff are still here for you. There are lots of ways to stay connected to us, and we’ve moved many of our services online!
If you have general questions:
Stay connected to us on social media!
- Instagram: @door_nyc
- Bronx Youth Center: @door.byc
- Door Peer Educators: @doorpeered
- Facebook: TheDoorNYC
- Twitter: @Door_NYC
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone will get back to you shortly.
- Text our general text line at 646-392-8563. Someone will get back to you between 10 AM and 8 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Join Zoom Groups! (Schedule sent out daily and posted on social media!):
- ID: 550-855-9017
- Password: 555121
- If you want to be a member of The Door (or are working with a young person who wants to be a member of The Door), you can email email@example.com for virtual membership.
Adolescent Health Center and Counseling:
Yes! We are open for virtual telehealth appointments and limited in person services:
- Existing patients can schedule on their own by using the patient portal or HEALOW app at https://health.healow.com/thedoor
- To schedule your Health Center appointment call our reception team Monday – Friday, 10AM-6PM contact,
- Chanda (646) 689-5042
- Adriana (646) 689-4307 (Habla Español)
- To schedule your Counseling appointment call 212-941-9090 ext 3452 or email or email MHintakes@door.org (Habla Español)
- For existing Counseling clients – contact your counselor directly, call 212-941-9090 ext 3452 or email Nashira at firstname.lastname@example.org (Habla Español)
- To ask general questions, Text “THEDOOR” to 66746
- LGBTQIA+ members, join our Skittelz discussion group, email email@example.com for password info
- Call the Legal Hotline: 516-847-4801
- Open Monday – Friday from 2 PM – 5 PM
- Email Davisha Guerrier, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For criminal court matters, email Sofie Stein-Montalvo, email@example.com
Career and Education Services
- Email Andy Green, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refer to Job Club, Tuesdays at 5!
- If you’re looking for a specific program, check out the contact information below:
Bronx Youth Center
- Email Stephanie Imperati, email@example.com
Runaway and Homeless Youth / Crisis Services
Arts & Recreation:
- Refer to the daily program schedule on Instagram, and join us on Zoom!
- ID: 550-855-9017
- Password: 555121
- With general benefits questions, email Khadija Rock, firstname.lastname@example.org and Alexis Cariello, email@example.com
- For unemployment concerns, email Michael Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For HASA information, email Ivan Monforte, email@example.com
If you need resources in your community, please click here for NYC COVID Resources or reach out to us for help getting support.
If you want to support The Door:
- Your financial support goes a long way in helping us continue to provide support to our community. You can donate at https://door.org/donate/.
- We can accept physical donations, but please coordinate with us! There are a few things our community needs – check out our Amazon wishlist to help support our members.
- You can help us spread awareness! Follow us on Facebook (@TheDoorNYC), Instagram (@door_nyc), and twitter (@Door_NYC) and connect us to anyone who would like more information about what we do and how we’re responding.
- If you have access to masks or other PPE or want to make us some, we would love to accept them!
- Have a connection to free or affordable resources like at-home work out programs, virtual cooking classes, or streaming services? Our young people and staff alike would love to participate!
- If you have questions about how to support The Door, please email Bailey Huguley at firstname.lastname@example.org.