COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
In response to the COVID-19 public health crisis, The Door’s physical spaces are mostly closed, but we are virtually open! The health and wellbeing of our community is our top priority, and we are working hard to stay connected and to continue to support our members.
We encourage everyone to stay calm, to follow public health guidelines, and to stay in touch. Even though our sites are mostly closed, our staff are still here for you. There are lots of ways to stay connected to us, and we’ve moved many of our services online.
The Door is open for essential services Monday through Thursday from 11 am-6 pm. Stop by to pick up food, clothing, and hygiene items or to access computers/internet or talk to a staff member. We’re here for you!
If you have general questions:
- You can email us at email@example.com. Someone will get back to you shortly.
- Text our general text line at (929) 357-0768. Someone will get back to you between 10 AM and 8 PM, Monday through Friday.
If you want to be a member of The Door (or are working with a young person who wants to be a member of The Door), you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for virtual membership.
Join Our Zoom Groups (Schedule sent out daily and posted on social media):
- ID: 550-855-9017
- Password: 555121
Stay connected to us on social media!
- Instagram: @door_nyc
- Bronx Youth Center: @door.byc
- Door Peer Educators: @doorpeered
- Facebook: TheDoorNYC
- Twitter: @Door_NYC
Programs and Services:
Adolescent Health Center and Counseling
Yes! We are open Monday – Friday, 10 am – 6 pm (Tuesdays 2 pm-6 pm)
- We are open for in person visits. Same day appointments are available for HIV & STD testing and Emergency Contraception.
- To schedule your Health Center appointment, call our reception team Monday – Friday, 10AM-6PM (Tuesdays 2-6pm) at 212-453-0222
- Existing patients can schedule on their own by using the patient portal or HEALOW app at https://health.healow.com/thedoor
- Some visits can also be done through telehealth. For telehealth visits, you can use your smartphone, computer, or device with a camera. If you do not have a device with a camera, you can use a home or cell phone. (We can even mail your medications to you!)
- For questions, text 833-569-0033
- To schedule your Counseling appointment call 212-941-9090 ext 3452 or email or email MHintakes@door.org (Habla Español)
- Call the Legal Hotline: 516-847-4801 (Open Monday – Friday from 2 PM – 5 PM)
- Email Davisha Guerrier, email@example.com
- For criminal court matters, email Sofie Stein-Montalvo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Career and Education Services
- Email Andy Green, email@example.com
- Refer to Job Club, Wednesdays at 4 pm
- If you’re looking for a specific program, check out the contact information below:
Bronx Youth Center
- Email Stephanie Imperati, firstname.lastname@example.org
Runaway and Homeless Youth / Crisis Services
- For Housing Crises, email email@example.com
- For Questions/Case Management, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Arts & Recreation:
- Email Kate Colburn, email@example.com or Jadrien Ellison, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refer to the daily program schedule on Instagram, and join us on Zoom!
- ID: 550-855-9017
- Password: 555121
- With general benefits questions, email Khadija Rock, email@example.com and Alexis Cariello, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For unemployment concerns, email Michael Williams, email@example.com
- For HASA information, email Ivan Monforte, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to support The Door:
- Your financial support goes a long way in helping us continue to provide support to our community. You can click here or donate at https://door.org/donate/.
- We can accept physical donations, but please coordinate with us! There are a few things our community needs – check out our Amazon wishlist to help support our members.
- You can help us spread awareness! Follow us on Facebook (@TheDoorNYC), Instagram (@door_nyc), and twitter (@Door_NYC) and connect us to anyone who would like more information about what we do and how we’re responding.
- If you have access to masks or other PPE or want to make us some, we would love to accept them!
- Have a connection to free or affordable resources like at-home work out programs, virtual cooking classes, or streaming services? Our young people and staff alike would love to participate!
- If you have questions about how to support The Door, please email Bailey Huguley at email@example.com.