COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
In response to the COVID-19 public health crisis, The Door’s physical spaces are mostly closed, but we are virtually open! The health and wellbeing of our community is our top priority, and we are working hard to stay connected and to continue to support our members.
We encourage everyone to stay calm, to follow public health guidelines, and to stay in touch. Even though our sites are mostly closed, our staff are still here for you. There are lots of ways to stay connected to us, and we’ve moved many of our services online!
If you have general questions:
- Stay connected to us on social media!
- Instagram: @door_nyc
- Facebook: @TheDoorNYC
- Twitter: @Door_NYC
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone will get back to you shortly.
- You can text our general text line at 646-392-8563. Someone will get back to you between 10am and 8pm Monday through Friday.
- If you want to be a member of The Door (or are working with a young person who wants to be a member of The Door), you can email email@example.com for virtual membership.
If you want to connect to the Adolescent Health Center and Counseling:
- If you are already a health center patient, you can use the portal!
- To schedule an appointment or to reach your provider, please access the patient portal or HEALOW app at https://health.healow.com/thedoor.
- You can send an email to the Health Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Counseling at email@example.com. A member of our team will be in touch.
- You can text us to ask general questions! Text “THEDOOR” to 66746.
- You can call the health center at 212-453-0222 and leave a message with a call center agent. A member of our team will contact you.
If you want to connect to The Door’s legal services:
- Our legal team has a call line available Monday through Friday from 2pm-5pm. The number is 516-847-4801.
If you want to connect to The Door’s Career and Education services (including programs at the Bronx Youth Center):
- You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about how to get connected!
- If you’re looking for a specific program, check out the contact information below:
- For information about High School Equivalency, email email@example.com
- For information about the Advance & Earn program, email AE@door.org
- For information about the This Way Ahead program, email TWA@door.org
- For information about the Train & Earn program, email OSY@door.org
- For information about College Access services, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to connect with our amazing staff in the virtual world, log in to our daily Zoom groups!
- Groups start at 11:30 am and run through 6pm. For a daily schedule of arts, recreation, and support groups, follow us on Instagram!
- The Door’s Zoom Meeting ID is 550-855-9017, the password is 555121.
If you need resources in your community, please click here for NYC COVID Resources or reach out to us for help getting support.
If you want to support The Door:
- Your financial support goes a long way in helping us continue to provide support to our community. You can donate at https://door.org/donate/.
- We can accept physical donations, but please coordinate with us! There are a few things our community needs – check out our Amazon wishlist to help support our members.
- You can help us spread awareness! Follow us on Facebook (@TheDoorNYC), Instagram (@door_nyc), and twitter (@Door_NYC) and connect us to anyone who would like more information about what we do and how we’re responding.
- If you have access to masks or other PPE or want to make us some, we would love to accept them!
- Have a connection to free or affordable resources like at-home work out programs, virtual cooking classes, or streaming services? Our young people and staff alike would love to participate!
- If you have questions about how to support The Door, please email Bailey Huguley at email@example.com.