Broome Street Academy Charter High School is currently looking for a Crisis Social Worker to join our team!
Broome Street Academy Charter High School prepares young people for post-secondary success that leads to positive life outcomes. We value student strengths and provide multiple pathways to success through a curriculum of rigorous academic, career, and social instruction grounded in the principles of positive youth development.
Broome Street Academy values:
- The development of individual student strengths
- Caregiver involvement
- A learning environment that fosters mutual respect
- A safe, supportive school climate
- Standards based curriculum that is relevant
- Student learning that is meaningful and goal oriented
- Development of and respect for community partnerships
- Healthy social and emotional relationships.
- Provide short and long term counseling for students in grades 9-12
- Maintain impeccable case notes, call logs, and reports
- Serve as part of a front line crisis team and respond to mental health and behavioral crisis in the building
- Follow crisis situations from beginning to end, maintaining constant supervision of student experiencing crisis in the building
- Organize, lead, or participate in mediations between students
- Work closely with the Dean of Student Life to implement BSA Restorative Practices
- Thoroughly assess students for suicidal ideation, homicidal ideation, and other risk factors per SW department “Policies and Procedures on Risk”
- Evaluate and assess the total scope of the student for referrals and follow-up
- Maintain effective communication and rapport with students, staff, and caregivers
- Work with teachers to address the individual needs of students
- Supervise large and small groups of students inside and outside of the classroom, including hallways
- Organize, design and/or implement programs that respond to student and community need including workshops, extracurricular activities, and trips
- Confer with caregivers and outside agencies
- Attend caregiver meetings as needed
- Participate in and contribute to grade level team meetings
- Collaborate closely on treatment planning, goals, and approaches with the social work team, including The Door’s mental health staff
- Perform other duties assigned as a member of the BSA community
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) required
- Clinical experience in a school setting preferred
- Ability to engage and diffuse crisis situations
- Ability to work effectively with adolescents, families, professionals and other personnel from a wide range of cultural, social, and economic backgrounds.
- Clearly articulated investment in equity and justice based counseling practices
- Experience with time limited treatment approaches preferred
- Experience with treating adolescents preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Work Schedule: Full time, Monday – Friday – 40 hrs. a week, 10-month position paid over 12 months, with summers off.
Please note: This is a Grant Funded position
For the convenience of faculty and families with students in public elementary and middle schools, BSA largely follows the NYCDOE school calendar, with a few limited modifications.
Complete benefit package offered to all full-time staff.
Salary: Based on experience and credentials/certifications.
Contact: Submit Cover Letter and Resume to: APPLY
COVID -19 POLICY
Broome Street Academy follows the CDC and NYS recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Broome Street Academy requires all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a qualified exemption.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.