Overview: The Door is an unparalleled model for youth development, offering a comprehensive range of integrated services within a single site for nearly 10,000 New York City youth each year. Our mission is to empower young adults to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof. By providing participants with our suite of integrated services, we seek to provide any motivated young person with the tools, resources, and opportunities needed to successfully transition to adulthood.
The goal of The Door’s Career and Education Services Department is to support young people in completing secondary education and successfully transitioning into post-secondary education and employment. Programs within the Career and Education Services Department (CareerED) are designed to help both in-school and out-of-school youth to set and attain their educational and career goals. CareerED services allow a young person to craft a personalized life plan defining the steps he/she will take to achieve those goals while developing the necessary skills for future life success and independence.
The Data and Informatics Specialist will be responsible for supporting the Advance and Earn team with data collection and will participate as a member of our Career and Education team to engage young people and support their academic, professional and personal growth. This person will provide administrative support to the Advance and Earn team and track program participants’ progress towards goal achievement in our Bronx Youth Center and our headquarters in Soho.
• Enter and update Advance and Earn participant demographic, academic, workforce development, and support services data into various Department and funder databases
• Conduct regular audits of various data reporting systems to ensure that Advance and Earn staff are staying up to date with data entry and progress notes and that data is consistent across various reporting systems
• Work with the Advance and Earn Management team to develop, implement and maintain data integrity standards
• Work with Advance and Earn staff to ensure accurate data collection and to develop and implement expectations for data usage to review the quality and effectiveness of their work
• Prepare and distribute monthly reports of related service delivery and performance outcomes
• Prepare data reports for external reporting for funder and other purposes
• Track participants progress toward achievement of goals and key outcomes and enter data in all required databases and spreadsheets
• Train new staff on data entry policies and procedures to accuracy of data entry and compliance with Program and Department standards
• Conduct outreach to participants to update contact information, retention or other program data as needed
• Provide support with collection of intake and assessment data for new participants
• Attend relevant staff meetings, and other meetings with senior management to review data and informatics process
• Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary staff in cross-departmental efforts to increase services to specific youth populations and provide appropriate support for young people
• Perform other responsibilities and functions as assigned by supervisor or senior management
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of 2 years in administrative or data related position required
• Knowledge of and ability to apply positive youth development principles to working with young people
• Excellent organizational ability coupled with a flexible approach to work
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills across a range of audiences
• Ability to work independently, demonstrate sound judgment, multitask and take initiative
• Strong proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
• Experience with data management software such as Salesforce, ETO, etc.
• Proficiency is Spanish, French, or Mandarin preferred
Hours: Monday through Friday, 35 hours per week, occasional evening and weekend hours as needed
Contact: PLEASE UPLOAD RESUME,COVER LETTER, AND ALL ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS AS PDF TO APPLY