University Settlement partners with New Yorkers on the Lower East Side and in Brooklyn to build community strength. For over 130 years, we’ve collaborated with our neighbors to pioneer highly effective programs that fight poverty and systemic inequality. University Settlement infuses a commitment to civic engagement, equity, and communal action into each of our programs, which include early childhood education, mental health and wellness, youth development, healthy aging, and the arts.
University Settlement’s College Paths program seeks to increase the number of youth from disadvantaged backgrounds who complete high school or equivalent and enroll in post-secondary education institutions of their choice. The program is hosted at University Settlement’s sister agency The Door, whose mission is to empower young people to reach their potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Facilitate intake for new young people and connect them to services and keep them engaged with The Door
- Host weekly orientation sessions for young people interested in participating in College Paths
- Process financial paperwork and track all expenditures
- Maintain supplies inventory
- Handle distribution, tracking, and reconciliation of participant MetroCard
- Enter intake and data into database and assist with overall data management and reports for College Paths
- Partner with program supervisors and staff to ensure all documentation is in alignment with contract requirements
- Provide administrative and operational support to team with workshops and events
- Provide feedback and suggestions for program improvement
- Participate in staff meetings, agency trainings and other agency-wide events
- Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary staff in cross-departmental efforts to increase services to specific youth populations and provide appropriate support for young people
What We Are Looking For:
- You have 2+ years experience in administrative or data management.
- You have an Associate’s degree.
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices
- You are technologically saavy with fluency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with Salesforce or other database management software.
- You are organized and passionate about accuracy.
- You know communication is key.
- You thrive in a busy environment and meet deadlines on time, all the time.
- A plus if you are proficient in Spanish, French, or Mandarin.
Why You Should Join Our Team
- You’re part of a mission driven organization that empowers NYC youth.
- Health and Dental Insurance through 1199 at no cost to the employee
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Hours: 35 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend hours as needed.
Salary: Low $40s, plus generous benefits
Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.