The goal of The Door’s Career and Education Services Department is to support young people in completing secondary education and successfully transitioning into post-secondary education and employment. Programs within the Career and Education Services Department (CareerED) are designed to help both in-school and out-of-school youth to set and attain their educational and career goals. CareerED services allow a young person to craft a personalized life plan defining the steps he/she will take to achieve those goals while developing the necessary skills for future life success and independence. The cornerstone of the Door’s career and education services is the EPOCH program, which aims to prepare out-of-school and out-of-work young people for meaningful placements in college and/or employment through the provision of comprehensive education and career services, which develop potential for economic self-sufficiency. The Director of Career Services is responsible for overall management and outcomes achievement for EPOCH and other job training and placement services at The Door. In this capacity, the Director of Career Services will provide leadership, direction and oversight of EPOCH and its multiple program services including employer partnerships; work readiness and vocational skills training; HSE and college preparation services; internship, employment, training, and college placement services; and case management and post-placement retention services to meet contract and program requirements.
- Provide supervision, training, and support to various key members of the EPOCH/This Way ONward leadership team for both direct and task related supervision.
- Work closely with the Managing Director of Career Services to provide department oversight and leadership that guides staff and supports growth in alignment with agency policies.
- Work with program leadership team to manage participant recruitment, coordinate service integration across the various components of the EPOCH program; and track service delivery and achievement of program outcomes.
- Work with program leadership team and staff to develop and refine curricula that will prepare young people for college and careers.
- Manage various government performance-based contracts and foundation grants to ensure achievement of all expectations and milestones.
- Create and maintain a network of partners across higher education institutions, training programs, businesses, and organizations that can provide academic and training services and/or serve as a conduit to further career and education opportunities, including long-term career growth and increased income potential
- Work with new and existing partner organizations to design and continually expand on career and education training opportunities for young people
- Develop protocol for centralizing documentation of participants’ milestone achievements across programs, and oversee distribution of related stipends and program incentives
- Develop and oversee a quality assurance process for data and file management, including but not limited to internal audits of database system and participant files
- Work closely with the Managing Director of Career Services to expand career and education services at The Door
- Attend all relevant meetings, trainings, workshops and outside events
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary staff in the development and facilitation of agency-wide programming and events
- Provide oversight and support of the EO WIOA process and human resource/labor/union related matters.
- Handle any appropriate responsibilities and functions as assigned by managing director
- Masters Degree in social work, education, counseling, public policy, or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in youth development, workforce development, or education fields including experience managing government and performance-based contracts.
- Demonstrated success in leading a team to meet and exceed their goals through the delivery of high-quality services.
- Ability to translate an organization or department’s vision into an operating service and goal plan, effectively communicate that plan and timeline to staff, and establish benchmarks and goals for accountability.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to manage up, down, and across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with variety of stakeholders including program participants, staff, funders and program partners.
- Passion for data management and outcomes with an ability to motivate and help staff use data to track and improve performance outcomes and quality of service delivery.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and familiarity with online databases
- Excellent analytical thinking, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Enthusiasm, creativity and initiative.
- Capacity to thrive under pressure while working on multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to participate as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 35 hours per week, occasional evening and weekend hours as needed
Salary: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive Medical. Dental & Vision
- 403(b) pension with up to 6% match
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pre -Tax Commuter Benefits
Contact: Submit resume and cover letter to: APPLY
COVID -19 POLICY
The Door and Broome Street Academy follow the CDC and NYS recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The Door and Broome Street Academy are now requiring all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a qualified exemption.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.