Supervisor: Managing Director of Health Services
Overview: Founded in 1972, The Door empowers educationally and economically disadvantaged youth to reach their potential by providing a complete range of services all under one roof. Each year over 11,000 young people from all five New York City boroughs come to The Door for primary health care, reproductive care and health education, mental health counseling, legal services, supportive housing, HSE, ESL, tutoring and homework help, college preparation and computer classes, career & education services, job placement, daily meals, cultural arts and services.
What excites you to come to work every day:
- Developing and leading our Behavioral Health Services, Health Education Services and Community Engagement.
- Hiring, training, and developing the behavioral health and health education leadership and staff.
- Planning individual and group health education and counseling services for adolescents and young adults.
What you will be doing:
- As a member of the interdisciplinary team, provides effective and efficient leadership for the design and development for Behavioral Health Services, Health Education, and Community Engagement.
- Hires, trains and performs performance evaluations for program leadership and staff.
- Oversees federal, state, local and funder requirements, including reports, site visits, and budgets.
- Participate in regularly scheduled treatment planning conferences with other Door Staff and with relevant staff from outside agencies
- Coordinates patient-centered medical home care team collaboration in the AHC, and facilitates routine team huddles.
- Designs, develops and implements Health Center Outreach plan. Represents The Door, and the Adolescent Health Center and its philosophy to outside agencies, NYC school system, other health facilities, CBOs health fairs and community meetings
- Responsible for the development and supervision of the Peer Education Program
- Update Behavioral Health/Counseling, Health Education and Community Engagement policies and procedures as needed
- Maintains appropriate logs, i.e. PCAP, HIV, & Pregnancy Evaluation, Collaborative Care, etc.
- Ensure integration of Adolescent Health Center services among the programs within The Door.
Who you are:
- You have a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Health Education, Public Health, Public Administration or related field; Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Health Education, Public Health or related counseling field; or 4 years of relevant counseling experience with a focus on adolescent health
- You have one year of relevant experience in youth development, behavioral health, family planning, prenatal, health services or counseling
- You are knowledgeable about the latest development in health care for adolescents
- You have interdisciplinary team experience
- You have strong organizational and communication skills
Why you should join our team:
- You’re part of a mission driven organization that empowers NYC youth
- Health and Dental Insurance through 1199 at no cost to the employee
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Hours: 35 hours a week, some evening hours
Please send your cover letter and resume to APPLY!
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law