The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
The East 9th Street program provides 40 units of permanent, supported housing for young adults aged 18-26 at risk of homelessness, including young people who are parents of a toddler, young people aging out of foster care, young people with mental illness, and chronically homeless young people. The Lee provides 54 units of permanent, supported housing for young adults aged 18-26 at risk of homelessness, young people aging out of foster care, and young people with mental illness. The Director of Housing Program will be a proven leader who is able to manage with a good deal of independence. They will be the lead staff member on-site responsible for daily operations, program quality, partner relationships, program reporting, managing expenses, collaboration with other Door programs, and the overall direction of the program and its staff. The Director will provide oversight of clinical supervision to a team of Resident Life Coaches, and lead the Evening and Weekend Supervisor. The Director will partner with the Managing Director of Supportive Services on ongoing program development.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Establish an environment that is based on positive youth development and harm principles.
- Oversee the screening of potential residents so that the transition from open units to rented units is seamless.
- Make sure residents receive semi-annual assessments and that resources are provided to achieve their goals.
- Team up with Door programs to ensure the needs of the young people are addressed.
- Partner with the Managing Director and oversee the programs’ budget spending at both sites.
- Implement quality assurance activities to ensure an environment of continuous quality improvement.
- Ensure that documentation is on time and appropriate based upon the resident’s semi-annual assessments.
- Develop, improve, maintain and train staff on internal policies and procedures.
- Provide crisis intervention and follow-up with staff, residents and site management
- Ensure compliance with funding sources and contracts, including timely submission of reports and data
- Establish systems and processes to obtain ongoing feedback from residents and staff.
- Cultivate relationships with organizations and agencies to assist in meting the needs of residents and staff.
- Ensure that staff has appropriate resources and receive on-going training and support.
- Attend and participate in meetings and trainings.
- Implement and support all agency policies and decisions as defined by management.
- Represent The Door at outside events, functions, coalitions and meetings.
What We Are Looking For:
- You have an LCSW and a Master’s Degree in Social Work.
- You have 8+ years of professional experience in human services, social work or related field.
- You have 5+ years of experience providing services to adolescents, including assessment and counseling.
- You have 5+ years of supervisory experience with strong skills in program development, policy, and procedures.
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices.
- You know communication is key.
- You are passionate about accuracy and meet deadlines on time all the time.
You are skilled in driving the initiatives and building relationships with diverse staff, tenants, and
A plus if you are proficient in Spanish, French, or Mandarin.
You have a strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
- You’re part of a mission-driven organization that empowers NYC youth
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus generous benefits package
Hours: 35 hours per week, including evenings and weekends as needed
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.