Our Story: The Door is an unparalleled model for youth development, offering a range of integrated services within a single site for over 11,000 New York City youth each year. Our mission is to empower young adults to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, young people can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof. By providing participants with our suite of integrated services, we seek to provide any motivated young person with the tools, resources, and opportunities needed to successfully transition to adulthood.
The Director of Program Evaluation & Reporting will lead the organization’s data reporting portfolio. They will provide leadership in designing program outcome analysis and data driven quality improvement efforts. They will provide guidance to junior staff on analyzing data for funder reports and new grant applications. The Director will work closely with staff responsible for designing and inputting information to our data systems and will build capacity for ongoing evaluation and self-assessment. The Director will serve as a senior leader in the organization and be a thought leader with the CEO and others on using data, evaluation and research to build the case for The Door’s integrated program model.
- Champion an agency culture shift towards one which embraces evaluation and data as a method for learning and continuous improvement.
- Supervise team of embedded programmatic staff that manage the agency’s reporting portfolio. Provide guidance to team on preparing data for internal performance management, funder reports, and grant proposals.
- Perform complex analyses on cross-program outcomes that describe our agency-wide impact using Excel and business intelligence tools such as Tableau and PowerBI.
- Develop data governance and quality assurance mechanisms to ensure service delivery follows contract requirements and government regulations. Ensure program evaluation methods support accurate reporting of data to funding and evaluation partners.
- Support the development of metrics to evaluate program performance within programs and agency-wide. Work with Development and program teams to develop outputs and outcomes for new programming.
- Develop mechanisms to improve access to and understanding of data by staff at all levels of the organization.
- Build strong relationships with The Door program staff and managers, including regularly reporting on agency-wide outcomes across all levels of the organization. Work to elevate youth and staff voice in program evaluation efforts.
- Work in collaboration with a technical team that develops and maintains client reporting data systems in Salesforce, eClinicalWorks and SQL Server.
- Lead discussions with senior management to reflect on evaluation results, coach and support managers to lead similar discussions with their teams. Facilitate discussions with interdepartmental and interdisciplinary teams on data driven quality improvement projects.
- Collaborate with program leaders and external researchers on all aspects of research and evaluation including budget, data collection logistics and other related duties.
- Partner with the CEO and other senior leaders on furthering efforts to evaluate The Door’s integrated program model.
- Master’s degree Public Administration, Social Work, Public Health or related field.
- 5+ years of experience analyzing outcomes data in a non-profit or public health organization.
- 3+ years of experience supervising a team.
- Demonstrated experience designing program evaluations, tracking program outcomes and leading quality improvement projects.
- Experience preparing reports for non-profit contracts; experience working with government and private funders.
- Demonstrated success building reports, dashboards and other data monitoring tools using Excel and business intelligence software such as Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL queries.
- Knowledge and experience of Salesforce and eClinicalWorks a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
- Passion for, knowledge of, and demonstrated commitment to community development, youth development, and community organizing.
Work Schedule: Full time, Monday – Friday, 35 hours per week
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus a generous benefits package
Please submit cover letter and resume to: Apply
COVID -19 POLICY
The Door and Broome Street Academy follow the CDC and NYS recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The Door and Broome Street Academy are now requiring all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a qualified exemption.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.