The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
The Door’s Adolescent Health Center is a federally qualified health center and a licensed Article 28 facility with NYS. The health center provides primary care, reproductive health care, dental care, optometry services, dermatology, behavioral health services, and health education. As the Health Center Coordinator, you are responsible for assisting the Managing Director of Health Services and the health center leadership in all phases of administration, program management, and clinic management functions.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Support health center leadership with the preparation of materials for proposals and reports to funders
- Maintain referral source materials and linkage agreements with other agencies
- Assist in evaluation and monitoring of Health Center programs
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual statistical reports for funding agencies and health center operations
- Maintain calendar of report deadlines for all Health Center grants, proposals, and other program deadlines
- Assist with scheduling, developing agendas, writing meeting minutes, and implementing protocols meetings
- Collaborate with members of the Health Center, and colleagues from other departments and programs
- Manage agreements for vendors and consultants, and prepares updates and payment of invoices
- Participate in special projects for the Health Center and The Door
What We Are Looking For:
- You have an Associate Degree or higher.
- You have 1+ years of experience in a human services field, non-profit or health center setting.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and practice the principles of positive youth development
- You are passionate about accuracy with excellent communication skills.
- You are technologically savvy with Microsoft Office
- You are a team player and can cultivate relationships.
- Experience in proposal writing and grant compliance requirements
- You thrive in a busy environment and able to shift gears and juggle multiple assignments on time, all the time.
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices.
- A plus if you are proficient in Spanish, English, or French.
- You have a strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
Why You Should Join Our Team
- You’ll be part of mission-driven organizations that empower NYC residents of all ages
- 15 days of Vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Transit Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Salary: Low to mid 40K, plus generous benefits
Hours: 35 hours per week
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.