Founded in 1972, The Door’s mission is to empower young people to reach their potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. Each year over 11,000 young people from all five New York City boroughs come to The Door for health care, legal services, supportive housing, HSE, ESL, tutoring and homework help, college preparation and computer classes, career & education services, job placement, daily meals, cultural arts and services – all under one roof.
The Door’s Adolescent Health Center offers comprehensive health services, including primary care, sexual health and reproductive care, mental health services, eye care, dental services, dermatology, and nutrition counseling for all Door member.
The Health Center Quality Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Managing Director of Health Services with the development, implementation, and coordination of quality improvement activities, special projects, and administrative functions in the health center. The Health Center Quality Coordinator also works collaboratively with other members of the health center, and with colleagues from other programs and departments across the agency.
- Assist in the evaluation of the health center programs by identifying and developing quality improvement projects, workplans, training, reports, and data collection.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the quality improvement plan for the health center.
- Maintains calendars and/or spreadsheets for reporting requirements and deadlines for grants reports, training requirements, credentialing, key performance indicators, quality measures, and other program priorities.
- Supports the Managing Director with setting the agenda, planning, facilitating, and taking minutes for department meetings, board meetings, committee meetings and training.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for funders, leadership, and other requirements.
- Organizes and prepares documents and materials for site visits, regulatory surveys, grant proposals and special projects.
- Maintains referral and linkage agreements with other health centers, medical facilities, community-based organizations, and other community partners.
- Coordinate agreements with health center vendors and consultants, processes monthly invoices.
- Assist with updating, and implementing new policies and procedures, health center forms, and documents in the health center.
- Performs other duties as delegated by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree required, in public health, health care administration or related field.
- One year experience working in health care, human services or related field preferred
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to build partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Organized and strength in tracking and executing multiple deadlines and projects
- Ability to take initiative and act independently
- Resourceful problem solver, and willingness to learn and try new ideas
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, fast-paced environment
- Tech savvy, and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with electronic health records desired
Work Schedule: Full time, Monday – Friday, 35 hours per week
Salary: $46,000. – $50,000., Commensurate with experience, plus a generous benefits package
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to: APPLY
COVID -19 POLICY
The Door and Broome Street Academy follow the CDC and NYS recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The Door and Broome Street Academy are now requiring all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a qualified exemption.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.