The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
The Door’s Adolescent Health Center is a federally qualified health center, and a licensed Article 28 facility with NYS. The health center provides primary care, reproductive health care, dental care, optometry services, dermatology, behavioral health services, and health education. The Health Screener will provide screening services for The Door. This person is the first point of contact with visitors. The Health Screener will present a warm greeting to visitors and ensure they meet entry guidelines. This is a role established for screening people for Covid19. This is a 3-month temporary position. You would be provided with all of the PPE required for this role.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Welcome and provide general information to visitors
- Administer health screenings for all entering the building
- Confirm that all visitors meet building entry guidelines
- Follow up of employees screening positive
- Provide PPE to visitors if needed
What We Are Looking For:
- You have HS diploma or HSE.
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices
- Compliant with HIPAA
- You have 2+ years in health field.
- You know that communication and interpersonal key are key.
- General computer literacy
- A plus if you are proficient in Spanish, French, or Mandarin.
Salary: $21.97 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week 8am- 4pm , with some flexibility needed to do weekend hours. The weekend time would be at the most 2-3 hours on Sunday. THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION.
Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY