The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
As a Youth Counselor, you will administer functions of this role remotely on the same floor in a hotel room, adjacent to the clinical team office and clients. You will be provided with equipment and training to engage in video chats with clients via tablets. Any minimal direct interaction with clients will be done in observance of social distancing and personal protective equipment. You will ensure clients are safe and basic needs are being met and being seen by the onsite medical provider. You will also maintain accurate documentation on clients’ status and report to the supervisor.
You will also:
- Follow-up on directives from building Supervisor that are communicated via email
- Ensure that Night Staff Policy and Procedures are followed
- Maintain a roster of clients in isolation
- Ensure house-keeping and meal services are being provided by hotel staff
- Provide video/phone check-ins with clients three times per shift, and as needed by the client.
- Offer clients support with non-medical needs to be done one-on-one by phone/video including access to case management, mental health therapy coordination, digital engagement with The Door’s remote recreational programming
- Support on-call supervisor with coordinating transportation and discharge of clients back to their referring residence
- Ensure staff office is maintained and fully stocked with supplies at each shift
- You have a strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
What We Are Looking For:
- You have a High School diploma or HSE
- You have 2+ years experience with at risk and vulnerable youth
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices
- Knowledge of social service systems and resources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability provide crisis management and crisis intervention
Hours: 8am-8pm or 8pm-8am as scheduled
Salary: $35.44 per hour
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY