University Settlement (www.universitysettlement.org), The Door (www.door.org), and Broome Street Academy (www.broomestreetacademy.org) are affiliated New York City nonprofits that tackle the complex issues surrounding poverty for over 50,000 New Yorkers each year.
Working in a shared service environment, the Recruitment and Retention Manager will work with The Door, Broome Street Academy and University Settlement, three independent 501c3 that share a CEO and administrative/back office functions.
Do you want to be a part of a mission driven team that empowers NYC residents? Are you a recruitment visionary AND gifted in employee engagement? Look no further. As the Recruitment and Retention Manager, you will ensure the acquisition of top caliber applicants. You will play a pivotal role in supporting University Settlement, The Door, and Broome Street Academy by overseeing the full life-cycle of recruitment, on-boarding, and retention. You will provide guidance in employee relations and organizational policies pertaining to recruitment and retention to managers and staff. You will also oversee the Recruitment Specialist and HR Interns.
- Supervise the full recruitment cycle including job requisitions, selection, and on-boarding processes
- Develop and edit job descriptions and job postings with a creative flair
- Ensure collective bargaining and EEO compliance requirements are accurate and complete
- Serve as strategic partner with program managers around staff recruitment, retention and development through planning, data analysis and training
- Leverage internal and external candidates and sources to build systematic talent pipeline of qualified candidates
- Lead on agency wide Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) strategies in recruitment
- Continuously ensure efficiency in the use of HRIS system; make recommendations for full use of the technology and assist with implementing changes
- Develop and deliver HR process and content trainings to management staff
- Provide guidance and coaching to staff and management on employee relations
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or related field preferred; PHR or SHRM-CP certification, a plus
- You have 5+ years’ experience working as an HR Professional with strong recruitment and staff engagement
- Demonstrated ability to partner with senior leadership to achieve organizational objectives
- Exercise independent, sound judgment in decision-making and minimize agency’s exposure to risk
You’ll be successful if…
- You’re a leader, mentor, coach, and able to inspire others
- You have developed HR knowledge and experience with multiple disciplines
- You thrive in a busy environment, and love to strategize, be creative and inventive
- You love working with people and are a relationship builder
- You are organized and passionate about accuracy
- You know that communication is key
- You are technologically savvy with fluency with Microsoft Office. A plus if you know ADP Workforce Now
Why You Should Join Our Team
- You’ll be part of mission driven organizations that empower NYC residents of all ages
- 15 days of Vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
- And more
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please apply HERE