The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
The Door’s Career and Education Services Department in Soho and the South Bronx supports young people in completing secondary education and successfully transitioning into post-secondary education and employment. As the Math Instructor, you will provide support to HSE students working on completing the Math portion of the TASC exam. Because of smaller class size students will receive a more individualized learning experience. Classes will take place Monday- Thursday. You will ensure curriculum and lessons are aligned to the needs of students.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Teach intermediate and advanced Math
- Design curriculum to connect general Math skills to TASC questions
- Administer pre and post-test to measure progress
- Work with other staff to ensure that students’ goals are met
- Nominate students appropriately to the TASC exam
- Maintain performance portfolios to track process and student achievement
- You have a strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
What We Are Looking For:
- You have experience supporting and preparing students for the TASC exam.
- You create a positive and nurturing learning environment and possess strong classroom management.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply positive youth development principles to working with young people
- You have 2+ years experience instructing Math.
- A huge plus if you have experience in curriculum development.
Hours: P/T 12 hours Mondays- Thursday 1-4pm
Salary: $30 per hour
Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY