Supervisor: Managing Director, Human Resources
As the Human Resources Generalist, you are a collaborator, problem-solver and will take an active interest in learning about the business/departments you support. You are curious about how to make processes better to enhance the employee experience. As a problem solver, you respond to challenges with the appropriate level of prioritization. You are self-motivated, communicative, and possess excellent interpersonal skills. You value equity, diversity, and inclusion, and champion these values within an organization’s culture. You are nimble and can partner well with peers to develop solutions for our clients, while maintaining their sense of humor.
You will provide guidance to internal clients in a consultative manner and have designated stakeholders. What can you expect to gain from this opportunity? This opportunity will enable you to partner with a highly collaborative client group and further develop your employee relations skills. Moreover, you will play an instrumental role in refining process improvements, which will improve the department’s overall service delivery to clients. Reporting to the Managing Director, Human Resources, this role requires a blend of employee relations, relationship management, and knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Investigate first level grievances
- Lead employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
- Provide guidance on and directly handle employee relations matters
- Provide consultative expertise on employee relations matters ranging from basic to complex or high risk
- Respond to and investigate employee complaints
- Access confidential information on a regular basis and expected to maintain confidentiality
- Handle employment-related inquiries appropriately
- Provide guidance to stakeholders utilizing problem-solving skills, coaching, and analytics with a consultative approach.
- Drive consensus and be results-oriented in a mission driven organization.
- Present people-related updates at leadership meetings
- Take a consultative approach when partnering with internal clients and peers
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Integrate core values of the organization in ways of working
- Create an inclusive environment where the value, perspectives, and backgrounds of all staff are considered
- Respond to routine human resource questions and/or direct to appropriate team member
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs
- Conduct exit interviews and analyze feedback with the Managing Director, Human Resources.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Work closely with the Program leadership and HR regarding changes that can impact compensation or benefits
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
What We Are Looking For:
- You have 2+ years of progressive Human Resources and Generalist experience.
- You have knowledge of federal, state, and local employment practices.
- You have strong employee relations skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Ability to manage projects simultaneously and meet target goals and deliverables
- High level of integrity and discretion
- Must have an aptitude for using data to make informed decisions
- Experience working in a unionized nonprofit organization preferred
Why You Should Join Our Team
- You’ll be part of mission driven organizations that empower NYC residents of all ages
- 15 days of Vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Hours: 35 hours, Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm, Temporarily remote due to COVID-19 and subject to change.
Salary: Commensurate based on experience and extensive benefits package.
Contact: Please submit your cover letter and resume to APPLY!
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.