The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
The goal of The Door’s Career and Education Services Department is to support young people in completing secondary education and successfully transitioning into post-secondary education and employment . As the Coordinator, Infused High School Equivalency, you are responsible for overseeing intensive pre and post-placement support and coaching services within the EPOCH program for all HSE participants. You will coordinate and guide the career advancement team’s efforts to work individually with participants and to provide continued support and motivation after the completion of work readiness and educational services through: curriculum design and selection, test coordination, and instructional resource allocations for HSE. Another exciting part of this role is building a network with partnering communities to develop campaigns and marketing material to connect young people to various programs. You will ensure that the career advancement team is effectively assisting young people through the advancement process to move up career and education ladders towards economic self-sufficiency by assisting and supporting them and complying with contract requirements and deadlines.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provide supervision of the nutrition and wellness process daily in collaboration with the kitchen team to ensure that participants are accounted for in data entry and provided support during mealtimes
- Provide guidance on HSE team projects and workforce initiatives
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the EPOCH HSE Program
- Ensure that all classes are at capacity and work with DOE and partners to recruit students to fill classes
- Provide support to the Career Advancement Coaches around participant recruitment, engagement and career and education advancement strategies.
- Organize and conduct community meetings, integrate post-secondary activities into the classroom and community meetings and connect HSE students to services for training, education, or employment.
- Coordinate the administration of multiple forms of assessment; use these assessments to assist the classroom teacher with lesson planning and day-to-day instructional strategies.
- Develop a citywide referral network, campaigns, and marketing materials to increase awareness and access to EPOCH
- Ensure all placement and retention information is filed and recorded in alignment with contractual requirements
- Facilitate orientation for new program participants
- Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team to increase services to specific youth populations and provide the appropriate plans for young people.
- Attend all relevant meetings, trainings, workshops and outside events
- 3+ years of providing wraparound services; case management in employment and career readiness services for young people is a huge plus
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices
- You can create and facilitate original trainings and workshops
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Education or related field
- You know that communication is key
- You are organized and passionate about accuracy
- You thrive in a busy environment and able to juggle multiple assignments on time, all the time
- You are a relationship builder with colleagues to promote successful outcomes for youth
- You are original and able to think outside of the box
Why you should join our team:
- You’re part of a mission driven organization that empowers NYC youth
- Health and Dental Insurance through 1199 at no cost to the employee
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: Low 50s, plus generous benefits
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.