• Work with This Way Ahead Direct to Hire participants to obtain internship and unsubsidized employment opportunities that align with career interests, goals, and abilities.
• Initiate and maintain relationships with Gap and Banana Republic district and store managers as well as other employers, business and industry representatives with hiring needs suited to skills, interests, and abilities of Door Career and Education participants; Identify and gain access to hiring personnel.
• Develop sales pitch tailored to prospective employers and refine based on specifics of each employer and the industry sector.
• Placement of participants who don’t convert into employment options.
• Share information on job opportunities with the This Way Ahead team; train staff on the culture, expectations and requirements of each employer seeking to interview This Way Ahead participants.
• Conduct individual and group job search sessions with This Way Ahead participants.
• Assess and match This Way Ahead participants with job opportunities that meet their skills, abilities and interests.
• Assist This Way Ahead participants to complete job applications and prepare for interviews.
• Conduct regular follow-up with employers who have hired participants and report results to appropriate staff.
• Perform administrative duties including tracking all job referrals, placements, retention, and other job development activities daily and weekly.
• Contribute new ideas for achieving and exceeding program and contractual targets.
• Handle any appropriate responsibilities and functions as assigned by supervisor and/or director.
• Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Business, Sales and/or marketing or related field
• At least 3 years of job development or directly related experience required, preferably with individuals with barriers to employment
• Knowledgeable of and ability to apply positive youth development principles to working with young people
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Effective organizational and time-management skills
• Demonstrated experience in a team-based work environment
• Ability to work independently, demonstrate sound judgment, multitask, and take initiative
• Must be self-motivated individual with ability to meet placement targets
• Existing employer contacts and experience presenting to business/industry strongly required
• Proficiency in Spanish, French, or Mandarin preferred but not required
Hours: Monday through Friday, 35 hours per week, occasional evening and weekend hours as needed
Contact:Submit cover letter and resume to Apply