The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
The Legal Administrative Assistant is responsible for all administrative aspects of the department that provides civil legal services to young people. The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Director of Legal Services.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Greet young people seeking legal services and explain the Legal Services Center’s intake process
- Maintain Center’s calendar; schedule appointments
- Responsible for office management and general clerical duties
- Assist with outreach efforts through mailings and telephone contact
- Provide referral information
- Complete forms documenting members’ contact with Legal Services Center
- Assist with administrative aspects in individual cases
- Coordinate membership services for clients
- Manage compliance with city contracts, including data entry and quality assurance
- Coordinate events including Fall Kick-Off and Immigrant Youth Night
- Process requests for payment
What We Are Looking For:
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices.
- You have experience in an administrative position, experience in a legal office is a plus.
- You are passionate about accuracy and thrive in a busy environment with excellent communication skills.
- You are technologically savvy with fluency in Microsoft Office and ability to learn internal systems.
- You are bilingual in English and Spanish.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree.
- You have a strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Why You Should Join Our Team
- You’re part of a mission-driven organization that empowers NYC youth.
- Health and Dental Insurance through 1199 at no cost to the employee
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Salary: Mid 40s- 50K, plus generous benefits package
Hours:35 hours per week
Submit cover letter and resume in one document to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.