The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
The Door’s Adolescent Health Center is a federally qualified health center, and a licensed Article 28 facility with NYS. The health center provides primary care, reproductive health care, dental care, optometry services, dermatology, behavioral health services, and health education. The Licensed Practical Nurse will be responsible for assisting the Clinical Manager with various clinical functions in the Adolescent Health Center.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Assist with clinical functions of the Adolescent Health Center, to ensure the delivery of high-quality care to patients.
- Assist with inventory control and ordering medical supplies, medications, devices, and equipment.
- Administer medication(s) based on written order(s) from licensed clinical providers.
- Establish specialty appointments for patients referred to outside providers.
- Assist with follow-up notification to patients of abnormal lab results, and reporting requirements to NYC DOHMH.
- Assist in rooming patients and taking vitals for providers, as needed.
- Performs other such duties as delegated by the Clinical Manager.
What We Are Looking for:
- You graduated from an accredited Licensed Practical Nursing Program.
- You have an unrestricted NYS Licensed Practical Nurse Licensure / Certification.
- You have 1+ year experience working as an LPN in ambulatory or hospital setting.
- Venipuncture skills a plus.
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices
- You thrive in a busy environment and meet deadlines on time, all the time.
- You know communication is key.
- You are technologically savvy including experience with Electronic Health Records, and fluency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, or Mandarin strongly preferred
Why You Should Join Our Team
- You’re a part of a mission driven organization that empowers NYC youth
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre-Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
Salary: mid-$50’s, plus generous benefits package
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.