We are looking for a Temporary – Maintenance Worker who is able to dedicate 20 hours a week to work and support our agency maintenance team.
Overview: Founded in 1972, The Door empowers educationally and economically disadvantaged youth to reach their potential by providing a complete range of services all under one roof. Each year over 11,500 young people from all five New York City boroughs come to The Door for primary health care, reproductive care and health education, mental health counseling, legal services, supportive housing, HSE, ESL, tutoring and homework help, college preparation and computer classes, career & education services, job placement, daily meals, cultural arts and services.
- Clean rooms and common areas including but not limited to: Classrooms, Offices, Restrooms, Meeting Rooms, Gymnasiums, Corridors, Basement and Storage areas etc.
- Empty trash receptacles and ensure all garbage is taken out at the end of each respective shift
- Use brooms, mops, vacuum cleaners and various other floor equipment to maintain all floor surfaces
- Follow recycling schedule and dispose of cardboard boxes, paper and all other recyclable materials
- Replenish restroom supplies as needed
- Maintain cleaning and other maintenance supplies and keep running inventory
- Inform supervisor of needed supplies in a timely manner
- Report to work location for snow or other emergency situations
- Clears snow and ice from entrances and walkways as needed
- Strip / Wax floors and Shampoo carpets
- Clean hard to reach places and completes high dusting
- Cleans refrigerators and other Kitchen equipment
- Report any needed repairs to the supervisor in a timely manner
- Maintain good working relationship with supervisor and co-workers.
- Set up and dismantle chairs, tables and equipment based on program needs and according to daily schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School diploma or HSE required
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be reliable
- Must have good communication skills and be able to read and write in English
- Must be able to lift at least 75 lbs.
Work Schedule: Part time/Temporary, Monday – Friday, 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Contact: Submit resume to: APPLY
COVID -19 POLICY
The Door and Broome Street Academy follow the CDC and NYS recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The Door and Broome Street Academy are now requiring all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a qualified exemption.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.