Overview: The Door is an unparalleled model for youth development, offering a comprehensive range of integrated services within a single site for nearly 11,000 New York City youth each year. Our mission is to empower young adults to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof. By providing participants with our suite of integrated services, we seek to provide any motivated young person with the tools, resources, and opportunities needed to successfully transition to adulthood.
• Clean rooms and common areas including but not limited to: Classrooms, Offices, Restrooms, Meeting Rooms, Gymnasiums, Corridors, Basement and Storage areas etc.
• Empty trash receptacles and ensure all garbage is taken out at the end of each respective shift
• Use brooms, mops, vacuum cleaners and various other floor equipment to maintain all floor surfaces
• Follow recycling schedule and dispose of cardboard boxes, paper and all other recyclable materials
• Replenish restroom supplies as needed
• Maintain cleaning and other maintenance supplies and keep running inventory
• Inform supervisor of needed supplies in a timely manner
• Report to work location for snow or other emergency situations
• Clears snow and ice from entrances and walkways as needed
• Strip / Wax floors and Shampoo carpets
• Clean hard to reach places and completes high dusting
• Cleans refrigerators and other Kitchen equipment
• Report any needed repairs to the supervisor in a timely manner
• Maintain good working relationship with supervisor and co-workers.
• Set up and dismantle chairs, tables and equipment based on program needs and according to daily schedule
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
• High School diploma or HSE required
• Must have good communication skills and be able to read and write in English
• Must be able to lift at least 75 lbs
Hours: up to 35 hours per week
Rate: $17.78 per hour
Contact: Submit resume to APPLY