The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof. The Maintenance Worker is responsible for the physical maintenance and overall cleanliness of the interior and exterior grounds of the building.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Clean rooms and common areas
- Empty trash receptacles and ensure all garbage is taken out at the end of each respective shift
- Use floor equipment to maintain all floor and carpet surfaces
- Follow recycling schedule and dispose of cardboard boxes, paper and all other recyclable materials
- Clean and replenish supplies as needed
- Inform supervisor of needed supplies in a timely manner
- Report to work location for snow or other emergency situations; clears snow and ice from entrances and walkways
- Clean hard to reach places and completes high dusting
- Cleans refrigerators and kitchen equipment
- Communicate with supervisor of any needed repairs in a timely manner
- Maintain good working relationship with supervisor and co-workers.
- Maintain and replenish cleaning and other maintenance supplies and keep running inventory
- Set up and dismantle chairs, tables and equipment based on program needs and according to daily schedule
What We Are Looking For:
- You have a High School diploma or HSE.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to read and write in English
- You can lift at least 75 lbs.
Why you should join our team:
- You’re part of a mission driven organization that empowers NYC youth
- Health and Dental Insurance through 1199 at no cost to the employee
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: Mid 30s, plus generous benefits
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY