Reports To: Director, Human Resources
Summary: Working in a shared service environment, the HRIS Manager of Systems and Compliance will work with The Door and Broome Street Academy, two independent 501c3’s that share a CEO and administrative/back-office functions. The Door (www.door.org), and Broome Street Academy (www.broomestreetacademy.org) are affiliated New York City nonprofits that tackle the complex issues surrounding poverty for over 50,000 New Yorkers each year.
The Door is an unparalleled model for youth development, offering a comprehensive range of integrated services within a single site for nearly 11,000 New York City youth each year. Our mission is to empower young adults to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof. By providing participants with our suite of integrated services, we seek to provide any motivated young person with the tools, resources, and opportunities needed to successfully transition to adulthood.
In partnership with and co-located at The Door, Broome Street Academy is a unique charter high school that prepares New York City’s most vulnerable youth for a successful future through rigorous academics paired with supports of The Door. Broome Street Academy serves 330 students annually in grades 9 – 12.
Who You Are:
The HRIS Manager of Systems and Compliance’s main responsibilities are to oversee the processing of employee documents to ensure continual compliance across agencies and to assist in developing efficiencies in the use and maintenance of the agency’s HRIS Portal. This position will partner with payroll and program managers on the submission of employee payroll documents; ensure compliance as directed by the funding sources; and will partner with Finance and Programs in preparing for upcoming governmental audits. This Manager will oversee the HR Assistant as well as HR Interns. The Human Resources Systems Manager will strive to deliver best in class customer service by making recommendations on using the HRIS portal to its fullest potential and educating staff on HR Portal offerings.
- Manage the day to day administrative operations of the Human Resources Department
- Work closely with the programs and the Payroll department to ensure timely submissions of new hires as well as change and termination updates
- Responsible for confirming compensation according to the collective bargaining agreements and best practices of the organizations
- Oversee the management of the HRIS system to update employee files, create reports, archive files, administer security access and assist with employee login issues
- Manage and maintain employee self-service/intranet portal
- Work with HR Management to develop and present on staff analytics including exit surveys, staff turnover and retention, and performance management among other work-life surveys across organizations
- Oversee collection and process of required compliance documentation
- Oversee employer-sponsored work visas and U.S. Permanent Resident applications and provide guidance to hiring managers and visa applicants while collaborating closely with attorneys
- Develop and deliver HR process and content trainings to management staff
- Manage ongoing maintenance of personnel files ensuring compliance; work closely with Finance staff and program managers to prepare for scheduled and emergency audits (internal and external)
- Notify managers and/or employees of expiring clearances and process clearances as needed
- Manage unemployment claims and provide reports to HR Director on a regular basis
- Complete other tasks and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in Human Resources (non-profit sector a plus)
- Must be technologically savvy; fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); strong working knowledge of HRIS systems (ADP Workforce Now preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to partner with senior management to achieve organizational objectives
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to exercise independent, sound judgment in decision-making and minimize agency’s exposure to risk
- Must have cultural sensitivity and capacity to work with multicultural staff
- Must be detail oriented, possess excellent communication and organizational skills and have worked in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual Creole, Spanish or Chinese a plus
Why You Should Join Our Team
- You are part of a mission driven organization that empowers NYC youth
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Salary: Commensurate based on experience and extensive benefit package.
Hours: Full-Time, 35 hours, Monday through Friday, currently hybrid remote due to COVID-19 and is subject to change.
Contact: Please submit your cover letter and resume to APPLY!
COVID -19 POLICY
The Door and Broom Street Academy follow the CDC and NYS recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The Door and Broom Street Academy are now requiring all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a qualified exemption.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.