The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
The Door’s Adolescent Health Center is a federally qualified health center and a licensed Article 28 facility with NYS. The health center provides primary care, reproductive health care, dental care, optometry services, dermatology, behavioral health services, and health education. As the Manager of Health Center Operations, you oversee the day-to-day front office operations of the health center, including excellent customer service, appointment scheduling, medical records maintenance, and entitlements programs and supervise an amazing team.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Supervise front office operations including daily supervision of staff
- Provide a welcoming environment for patients and guests and ensure an excellent patient experience
- Respond to incoming inquiries about services and make appropriate referrals in a timely and effective manner
- Monitor and oversee central scheduling and patient flow for multiple practitioners.
- Serve as the HIPAA compliance officer for the health center and counseling center
- Oversee patient enrollment in Medicaid/entitlement programs
- Serve as the system administrator and super-user for eClinicalWorks (EHR)
- Ensure patient and staff safety by ensuring proper maintenance of the health center facility and office equipment
- Manage the acquisition of supplies, equipment, and furniture for the health center
- Complete finance forms accurately and in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team and work on various projects
What We Are Looking For:
- You have an Associate Degree or higher.
- You have 5+ years of supervisory experience in an outpatient healthcare setting.
- You have experience with Medicaid and insurance enrollment.
- You are passionate about accuracy with excellent communications skills.
- You are technologically savvy with Microsoft Office, eClinicalWorks., and other electronic health record.
- Demonstrated leadership, including effective decision-making and problem-solving experience
- You thrive in a busy environment and able to shift gears and juggle multiple assignments on time, all the time.
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices.
- A plus if you are proficient in Spanish, English, or French.
- You have a strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
Why You Should Join Our Team
- You’re part of a mission driven organization that empowers NYC youth.
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre-Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.