Overview: University Settlement is one of New York City’s most dynamic social justice institutions, with an impressive legacy as the first settlement house in the nation. For 130 years, University Settlement has been an anchor in the low-income and immigrant communities where we work, offering pioneering programs in early childhood care and education, youth development, eviction prevention, literacy, theater and visual arts, senior services, and mental health. Each year, we engage over 40,000 New Yorkers through our network of 30 sites in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Our mission is to empower residents by building on their strengths through comprehensive, quality services that meet the current needs of the community; innovation that anticipates future needs; and advocacy to improve the community as a whole.
The Door is an unparalleled model for youth development, offering a comprehensive range of integrated services within a single site for nearly 11,000 New York City youth each year. Our mission is to empower young adults to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports, and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof. By providing participants with our suite of integrated services, we seek to provide any motivated young person with the tools, resources, and opportunities needed to successfully transition to adulthood.
A major initiative within The Door, Broome Street Academy is a unique charter high school that prepares New York City’s most vulnerable youth for a successful future through rigorous academics paired with supports of The Door.
- File all documents relevant to accounts payable, journal entries
- Assist in obtaining accounts payable information for auditors
- Assist in preparing year-end working papers for auditors
- Maintain the inventory of warehouse files and assist in calling for files when needed
- Assist Accountants in obtaining accounts payable information for monthly vouchers
- Serve as a backup with answering the telephone, greeting guests, and guiding them to appropriate staff
- Serve as a backup with receiving packages being delivered to Administration office
- Execute other assignments as requested by supervisor
- High School diploma or HSE required
- Good arithmetic skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Good knowledge of computers, including Excel, Microsoft Word, and the Internet
Hours: 35 hours per week
Rate: $17.59 per hour
Contact: Submit resume to APPLY