Overview: The Door is an unparalleled model for youth development, offering a comprehensive range of integrated services within a single site for nearly 11,000 New York City youth each year. Our mission is to empower young adults to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof. By providing participants with our suite of integrated services, we seek to provide any motivated young person with the tools, resources, and opportunities needed to successfully transition to adulthood.
As part of the Adolescent Health Center leadership team, the Operations Manager, Behavioral Health will manage areas of administration and operations for the Counseling Center, Psychiatry services, and Care Coordination services. The Operations Manager, Behavioral Health will be responsible for quality assurance, quality improvement, and compliance activities, and special projects for behavioral health services.
- Oversee areas of administration and operations for the health center’s Counseling Center, including customer service, appointment scheduling, client outreach, and database management
- Respond to incoming phone calls, emails, and patient portal messages, address general inquiries about services, and make appropriate referrals
- Hire, onboard, supervise and complete performance evaluations for administrative support staff, as well as volunteers and interns
- Plan agendas and facilitate staff meetings, team huddles and staff training
- Maintain adequate office and program supplies, including petty cash and metro card allotments, for multiple programs within the Counseling unit.
- Manage the Counseling Center’s electronic health record, ensuring the system works with the documentation and data collection needs of the department
- Collaborate with Revenue Cycle Manager to ensure insurance verification, coding, and documentation, to support timely and accurate billing for behavioral health services
- Organize and manage quality assurance activities for the Adolescent Health Center (e.g., QA meetings, medical board meetings, meeting minutes, identifying, and monitoring continuous quality improvement activities)
- Manage credentialing systems for the Adolescent Health Center; and ensuring compliance with federal and state agencies, insurance plans, funding sources and other regulatory bodies
- Serve as project manager for behavioral health grants, in collaboration with Development staff and other leadership; prepare materials for proposals; complete reports; ensure funding requirements are met; participate in meetings
- Create monthly, quarterly, and annual statistical reports for counseling, psychiatry, and collaborative care services.
- Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary staff in cross-departmental efforts to increase services to specific youth populations and provide appropriate support for young people
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as delegated by supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required in health care administration, social work, public administration, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in administration, operations, and/or quality assurance in a health care or human service setting
- Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of medical billing and the NYS Medicaid systems strongly preferred
- Tech savvy and highly skilled in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Share Point, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), Zoom, and other software
- Knowledge of eClinicalWorks (eCW) or another electronic health record strongly preferred
- Knowledgeable of behavioral health services and youth development principles desired
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate sound judgment, multitask, and take initiative
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Very strong writing, speaking and telephone communication skills
- Proficiency in Spanish strongly recommended
Work Schedule: Full time, Monday – Friday, 35 hours a week
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus a generous benefits package
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to: APPLY
COVID -19 POLICY
The Door and Broome Street Academy follow the CDC and NYS recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The Door and Broome Street Academy are now requiring all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a qualified exemption.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.