Overview: The Door is an unparalleled model for youth development, offering a comprehensive range of integrated services within a single site for nearly 11,000 New York City youth each year. Our mission is to empower young adults to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof. By providing participants with our suite of integrated services, we seek to provide any motivated young person with the tools, resources, and opportunities needed to successfully transition to adulthood.
- Successful completion of a 72-hour, sexual and reproductive health education training curriculum.
- Responsible for developing and facilitate workshops and activities at outreach events including local middle schools, high schools and community agencies.
- Act as a liaison between Health Center staff and patients by providing support and interaction with young people.
- Facilitate educational sessions about topics related to sexual and reproductive health throughout The Door and at outside community organization and schools.
- Support Health Center staff in evaluating appropriateness of materials displayed and distributed throughout the Health Center.
- Work with Supervisor Technology and Special projects to develop and maintain the Adolescent Health Center’s social media content
- Maintain appropriate logs including routing slips and outreach forms.
- Enrolled in school (college or post high school training)
- Eligible to work in the US
- Ages 17-22 (working papers required if under 18 yo)