Overview: The Door is an unparalleled model for youth development, offering a comprehensive range of integrated services within a single site for nearly 11,000 New York City youth each year. Our mission is to empower young adults to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof. By providing participants with our suite of integrated services, we seek to provide any motivated young person with the tools, resources, and opportunities needed to successfully transition to adulthood.
- Obtain blood specimens by performing venipuncture and finger-sticks
- Perform urine pregnancy tests, urinalysis and HIV rapid tests
- Perform hemoglobin and Strep A Test
- Handles inventory of laboratory supplies and maintains lab equipment
- Maintain sanitation and infection control as per Wadsworth protocol
- Assist with rotation of laboratory supplies
- Assist in conducting and adhering to quality control procedures
- Assist with performing all clerical duties as required, performs data entry, documentation of test results, scanning and filing of laboratory results as needed
- Work in a collaborative manner with other lab staff and health center staff.
- Performs any other duties applicable to the job as requested by supervisor
- High School Diploma required
- Graduated from an accredited Allied Health Program
- Phlebotomy skills (certification or equivalent by a national phlebotomy association preferred)
- Strong written and verbal skills. Must have good communication skills.
- 2+ years’ experience; 4+ years’ performing venipuncture
- Knowledgeable of and ability to apply positive youth development principles to working with young people
- Ability to work effectively and creatively as part of an interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Proficiency in Spanish, French or Mandarin strongly preferred
Salary: High 30s to Low 40s
Hours: 35 hours per week
Contact: Submit cover and resume APPLY