Supervisor: Clinical Manager
Overview: The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
The Door’s Adolescent Health Center is a federally qualified health center, and a licensed Article 28 facility with NYS. The health center provides primary care, reproductive health care, dental care, optometry services, dermatology, behavioral health services, and health education. As the Phlebotomist, you are responsible for efficiently and accurately performing blood draws, for a variety of medical procedures and tests. In addition, you assist other lab staff and health center staff.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Obtain blood specimens by performing venipuncture and finger-sticks
- Perform urine pregnancy tests, urinalysis and HIV rapid tests
- Perform hemoglobin and Strep A Test
- Handles inventory of laboratory supplies and maintains lab equipment
- Maintain sanitation and infection control as per Wadsworth protocol
- Assist with rotation of laboratory supplies
- Assist in conducting and adhering to quality control procedures
- Assist with performing all clerical duties as required, performs data entry, documentation of test results, scanning and filing of laboratory results as needed
- Work in a collaborative manner with other lab staff and health center staff.
- Performs any other duties applicable to the job as requested by supervisor
What We are Looking For:
- You have at least a HS Diploma; Phlebotomy skills (certification or equivalent by a national phlebotomy association preferred)
- You graduated from an accredited Allied Health Program
- You have strong written, verbal skills and good communication skills.
- You have 2+ years’ experience; 4+ years’ performing venipuncture
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices
- You have ability to work effectively and creatively as part of an interdisciplinary treatment team.
- A plus if you are proficient in Spanish, French or Mandarin
Why You Should Join Our Team:
- You’re part of a mission driven organization that empowers NYC youth
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre-Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Salary: High 30s to Low 40s
Hours: 35 hours per week
Contact: Submit cover and resume at APPLY!
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.