Runaway & Homeless Youth
Shelter, security and a space to be yourself
There are many reasons why youth may find themselves without a safe place to call home. It is important to remember: you are not alone. The Door is here to help, in many different ways.
If you do not have a stable place to live or if you have run away from home, The Door can help you find essentials like food, clothing and shelter, as well as help with your specific needs. Sometimes all you want is a safe place to hang out for a while, a hot meal or a space to be yourself and meet other young people. You might need to see a doctor, talk to a lawyer, meet with a counselor or talk to someone who can help you finish your education and get a job. You can do all of these things and more at The Door.
The Door is a drop-in center serving New York City’s runaway and homeless youth with a variety of services, including:
- Two daily meals, Monday through Friday 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Saturday 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Referrals to many NYC shelters
- Center Space – a place to relax and participate in activities with other young people
- Access to additional services including counseling, health and dental care, legal services, education and job training programs and creative arts activities
The Door’s drop-in hours are:
- Monday – Friday, 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
You may also be interested in learning more about the following programs:
For general inquiries about The Door’s services for runaway and homeless youth, contact Jazzy at 212-941-9090, ext. 3377
The Door does not have an overnight shelter onsite, but can provide referrals to shelters nearby.
The Door accepts gently used (or new) masculine style clothing/shoes of all sizes on an ongoing basis for our Runaway Homeless Youth program. Donations can be dropped off anytime during our open hours: Mon – Fri 11AM-8PM or Sat. 11:30AM-5PM. We can not pick up donations. Tax donation letter available upon request.