Supportive Housing Qualifications
- All potential tenants must be between 18-24 years old (for family applicants, child must be at least 1 year old)
- Documented homelessness of a minimum of 1 year
- A serious and persistent mental illness (Bipolar Disorder, Major Depression, PTSD, Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder) or have foster care history
- Proof of active income (Public Assistance Budget letter, SSI award letter or current paystubs)
- An active HRA application approved for Category A, C, D and I
If a potential tenant meets the qualifications for housing but does not have an active HRA application, there are several documents that are required in order to complete an HRA application:
- A psych evaluation on agency letterhead dated within the last six months and completed by a licensed psychiatrist
- A psychosocial evaluation on agency letterhead dated within the last six months
- Documents supporting homeless history
- A current PPD result
- Identification, birth certificate and Social Security Card
- Most recent tax returns and six current paystubs
Waiting Time From Initial Interview to Lease Signing
The estimated time for the interview to lease signing process is 30-45 days, depending on submission of documents and HDC approval.
The estimated waiting time for an apartment to become vacant is six months to a year, and at times much sooner.