The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
The Door’s Adolescent Health Center is a federally qualified health center, and a licensed Article 28 facility with NYS. The health center provides primary care, reproductive health care, dental care, optometry services, dermatology, behavioral health services, and health education. As the Receptionist, you are an integral part of the health center team. You are the first point of contact a young person makes with the health center. You possess good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Welcome young people, answer the telephone and schedule appointments
- Screen young people to determine appointment, medical/counseling needs, or other services
- Utilize ePACES (Medicaid website), determine Medicaid eligibility and identify insurance plans
- Register & interview young people, assemble medical records and request pertinent information
- Send follow-up emails to clients who have missed appointments
- Maintain, prepare and copy medical records; update record at affiliate hospital
- Color-code positive results for follow-up by provider
- Follow-up on missing lab reports
- File lab results and other reports in medical records/eCW
- Responsible for the collection and distribution of mail for the Health Center
- Strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
What We Are Looking For:
- You have a High School diploma/HSE and 3 years’ clerical/reception experience in a medical setting.
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices.
- You are a relationship builder and cooperate with team.
- You are technologically savvy with Microsoft Office have experience with an electronic health record and data entry and database management.
- You thrive in a busy environment and able to shift gears and juggle multiple assignments on time, all the time.
- You are Bilingual English / Spanish.
Why you should join our team:
- You’re part of a mission driven organization that empowers NYC youth
- Health and Dental Insurance through 1199 at no cost to the employee
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: Mid 30s
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to Apply
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.