The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
The Door’s Career and Education Services Department in Soho and the South Bronx supports young people in completing secondary education and successfully transitioning into post-secondary education and employment. . As the Recruitment and Retention Coordinator you will be responsible for providing outreach, recruitment, case management and retention support services to assist participants to successfully move up an education and occupation ladder towards economic self-sufficiency. You will work with participants who are part of our Train NYC programs that specifically work with participants who have an interest in sector-based training programs. In this capacity, you will be working closely with EPOCH and Train NYC staff and employers to ensure young people are meeting their career and education goals.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Oversee outreach, recruitment, and enrollment of new participants into Train NYC program to facilitate information and orientation sessions, participate in recruitment and outreach for all performance-based contracts
- Track placements and retention to ensure that contractual/funding expectations are met on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Build and sustain relationships with local high schools / colleges and other key community institutions to help programmatic recruitment efforts and successful enrollment into Train NYC programs
- Attend recruitment events and continue to build recruitment and outreach opportunities
- Conduct regular follow-up with employers who have hired participants and report results to appropriate staff
- Provide ongoing retention support for participants up to one-year post service completion on a monthly basis
- Maintain participant information into various department and funder databases
- Provide coverage and support during program activitiesother special events
- Provide biweekly feedback to Career and Education Services team regarding young people’s education, placement experiences, challenges, and successes
- Participate in relevant departmental, agency, and external agency meetings, trainings, case conferences, workshops and events
What We Are Looking For:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Urban Policy, Education or related field
- You have 2+ years’ experience in youth development, preferably employment, career-oriented programs and/or youth development programs.
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices.
- Prior experience in a social service setting working with a multi-cultural and vulnerable young adult population
- Prior experience providing education/employment-related case management, career readiness, and employment retention services
- Experience with performance-based contracts.
- You have experience creating and facilitating workshops and trainings
- You work as a team to promote successful outcomes for youth. You thrive in a busy environment and able to juggle multiple assignments on time, all the time.
- You know communication is key.
- You are technologically savvy and is proficient with Microsoft Office.
- A plus if you have experience in Mental health services.
- Proficiency in Spanish, Mandarin, or French, desired
Why You Should Join Our Team:
- You’re part of a mission driven organization that empowers NYC youth
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year), 12 sick days, 3 personal days
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Hours : 35 hours per week; a minimum of one late night a week
Salary: Low 50s, plus generous benefits package
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.