The Broome Street Academy Charter High School will prepare our young people for post-secondary success that leads to positive life outcomes. We value student strengths and will provide multiple pathways to success through a curriculum of rigorous academic, career and social instruction grounded in the principles of positive youth development.
Broome Street Academy values:
- Partnership with Caregivers
- Growth Mindset
- Collegial feedback
- Relevant, standards-based curriculum
- Data-Driven instruction
- Cultural Responsiveness
The primary role of the School Community Aide is to support student learning and instruction by teaming with the Deans of Students to uphold the Student Code of Conduct. The School Community Aide will help to create a calm and supportive tone in the school by ensuring consistency in daily operations. They will do this by helping students to internalize and practice the school’s mission and values. They will support the faculty by taking initiative to support Deans as they address behavior problems and empower students in positive engagement strategies. The School Community Aide will support the community in the supervision of students.
- Model school expectations for students and staff
- Uphold the BSA Student Code of Conduct
- Ensure that all students are in their assigned classes by performing hallway checks
- Implement and follow policies and procedures for behavior violations as directed by the Dean(s) of Students
- Collaborate with The Door to maintain a safe community during and after school
- Assist in the supervision of arrival, lunch, and dismissal
- Contribute to a positive and productive tone while students transition in hallways
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- One or more years of experience working in an urban school
- Excellent interpersonal skills with students, families, and teachers
- Bilingual (Spanish & English) preferred
- Ability to remain calm and supportive during conflict
- Relentless commitment to the academic success of all students
- Stamina to handle long days and the intensity required to work in a fast-paced charter school
- A flexible thinker willing to do “whatever it takes”
- Retired/honorably discharged military and law enforcement veterans encouraged to apply.
- Word and Outlook skills strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive Medical. Dental & Vision
- 403(b) pension with up to 6% match
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pre -Tax Commuter Benefits
Work Schedule: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 40 hrs. a week
Salary is up to $35,000 annually
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to: APPLY
COVID -19 POLICY
The Door and Broome Street Academy follow the CDC and NYS recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The Door and Broome Street Academy are now requiring all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a qualified exemption.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.