Supervisor: IT Director
Overview: The Door is an unparalleled model for youth development, offering a comprehensive range of integrated services within a single site for nearly 11,000 New York City youth each year. Our mission is to empower young adults to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof. By providing participants with our suite of integrated services, we seek to provide any motivated young person with the tools, resources, and opportunities needed to successfully transition to adulthood.
A major initiative within The Door, Broome Street Academy is a unique charter high school that prepares New York City’s most vulnerable youth for a successful future through rigorous academics paired with supports of The Door.
Who you are:
- A resourceful team player that is confident in maintaining all workstations connected to the LAN and will be supportive to the IT Director with the WAN.
- An educated individual in Computer Science or has equivalent experience.
- You have experience in technical support and technical proficiency in hardware and software computer systems.
- You keep up to date on popular office software.
- You are an interpersonal individual who appreciates helping a variety of different staff needs and questions.
- You are able to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving 30-50 pounds.
What you will be doing:
- Providing on-site technical support to all staff with hardware and software installation, network cabling installation, troubleshooting and documentation.
- Providing general end user training.
- Documenting all system procedures as they relate to the functioning of the computer network.
- Assisting in the training and support of Cisco Telco users.
- Scheduling, monitoring and logging server backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Participating in department meetings.
- Maintaining and updating PC peripheral inventory and telephone databases.
- Completing other functions and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
- You’re part of a mission driven organization that empowers NYC youth
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre-Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Hours: 35 hours per week (must be flexible with scheduling and have the ability to work some Saturdays to accommodate special projects).
Salary: Commensurate based on experience and an extensive benefits package.
Contact: Please submit your cover letter and resume to APPLY!
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.