Summary: The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
The Door’s Adolescent Health Center is a federally qualified health center, and a licensed Article 28 facility with NYS. The health center provides primary care, reproductive health care, dental care, optometry services, dermatology, behavioral health services, and health education. As the Senior Mental Health Counselor (LCSW/LMSW), you are the behavioral health provider within the Adolescent Health Center. As a core member of the collaborative care team, you will work closely with Medical Providers and other clinical support staff. You are responsible for supporting and coordinating the mental health care of patients on an assigned patient caseload. You will provide individual and group therapy as well as case management to patients within. You possess experience in engaging clients in youth development, school, medical centers, and/or residential treatment settings. You maintain the highest standards of cultural competency regarding race, gender identity, sexuality, culture, and class.
What You Will Also Be Doing:
- Act as the Behavioral Health Care Manager for the Collaborative Care process in the Adolescent Health Center
- Track treatment response and monitor patients for changes in clinical systems and side effects or complication
- Coordinate mental health assessments and track outcomes of treatment using qualitative measures
- Track patient follow up and clinical outcomes using a registry
- Document in-person and telephone encounters in the registry and use the system to identify and re-engage patients
- Coordinate with other external providers
- Facilitate treatment plan changes for patients who are not improving as expected
- Provide counseling to at risk adolescents using evidence-based modalities
- Formulate appropriate treatment plans and psychosocial evaluations for each client seen and document each contact
- Provide case coordination and crisis intervention to adolescents
- Develop and facilitate innovative support groups related to diverse topics
- Provide education about common mental health and substance abuse disorders and available treatment options
- Provide education around healthy choices, birth control, pregnancy prevention, HIV/AIDS prevention, STD prevention
What We Are Looking For:
- You have a LCSW or LMSW.
- You have 2+ years clinical experience in youth development, mental health counseling and/or substance abuse treatment.
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices.
- You are aware of social service systems and resources youth population.
- You know that communication is key.
- Demonstrated ability in developing innovative adolescent treatment modalities and group facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and creatively as part of an interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Must be a professional and responsible person that is able to develop and maintain interagency liaisons as a means of meeting client needs
- You are proficient in Spanish, French, or Mandarin.
- You are knowledgeable of electronic health record.
- You have a strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
Why You Should Join Our Team:
- You’re part of a mission driven organization that empowers NYC youth
- Health and Dental Insurance through 1199 at no cost to the employee
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year) , 12 sick days, 3 personal days
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Salary: mid 50’s + generous benefits package
Hours: 35 hours, Full-Time, In Office position
Please submit your cover letter and resume to APPLY!
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.